Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep Guardiola: “I’ve said it many times. Not because we won the last two games. I’m sorry, I’m going to stay. I enjoy working with them, I like it. But even if it was going bad I’m not going anywhere."
Sounds promising and hopefully Pep will extend his stay beyond next season.

Our CL issues haven't been tactical though, they've been mental. Something bad happens, we don't get a penalty or we miss a penalty, or we concede one against the run of play, and then the team falls apart for 10-15 minutes and the tie is gone.

It's happened every season. Mbappe gets an early goal for Monaco and we shit ourselves, Liverpool score against the run of play in the first game and we concede 2 more in the next 15 minutes after going to pieces. Leroy's goal is disallowed and we go to pieces again.

Last year, we Laporte made a bad mistake, then lost his head and cost us another goal and the tie.

Tactics aren't the issue, it's reacting badly to things going slightly wrong and turning molehills into mountains.

Tactics has ALWAYS been our CL issue, especially when we play away! We played Gundogan as some kind of inverted right back against the VAR boys and we paid for it, losing 5-1 in both legs. Same tactical tinkering cost us the spurs CL game.

Pep doesn't have to re-invent the wheel, If we play to our strength against RM, We should at least come away with a draw! the fascists played a 3-3 game against PSG at the Bernabeau and I am 110% certain we are a lot better than PSG, we have a better team and a better manager, anything short of a draw would be a huge disappointment

Did you miss the Spurs away leg?

Did you miss Aguero's penalty miss? Aguero scores and we progress.

Sometimes we lose because of individual mistakes and not because of tactics. We would still have progressed if Laporte hadn't had two brain farts in the 2nd leg.

Tactics has ALWAYS been our CL issue, especially when we play away! We played Gundogan as some kind of inverted right back against the VAR boys and we paid for it, losing 5-1 in both legs. Same tactical tinkering cost us the spurs CL game.

Pep doesn't have to re-invent the wheel, If we play to our strength against RM, We should at least come away with a draw! the fascists played a 3-3 game against PSG at the Bernabeau and I am 110% certain we are a lot better than PSG, we have a better team and a better manager, anything short of a draw would be a huge disappointment

No, no, no.

This is revisionist bullshit, because people constantly want to peddle the "guardiola overthinking" narrative.

Our tactics have been fine, it's been heads dropping and mental collapses which have fucked us.

Did you miss Aguero's penalty miss? Aguero scores and we progress.

Sometimes we lose because of individual mistakes and not because of tactics. We would still have progressed if Laporte hadn't had two brain farts in the 2nd leg.

And their goal involved a simple error by Delph.

The tactics at WHL were fine but the players failed to execute in key moments.

If he thinks (Prior to his birthday) this is the best STARTING 11, then he is an IDIOT...

He should have already learned that - 2-3 months ago...

David Silva ? Really ?

Bernardo on the wing ?

Sterling ?

-------
I hope this selection was part of the rotation for Sheffield away game..

And hope again, that's not the starting 11 - we will see against Real Madrid.. Disgusting..

If he thinks (Prior to his birthday) this is the best STARTING 11, then he is an IDIOT...

He should have already learned that - 2-3 months ago...

David Silva ? Really ?

Bernardo on the wing ?

Sterling ?

-------
I hope this selection was part of the rotation for Sheffield away game..

And hope again, that's not the starting 11 - we will see against Real Madrid.. Disgusting..

David Silva has been excellent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.