Overrated Places

Vienna is also incredible. Spent the weekend after my wedding there in spring 2008. Amazing weather. Really peaceful vibe. Incredibly clean city, with amazing architecture. Great city.
My Grandad used to be in removals and moved people abroad. He said Vienna was his favourite place.

Thailand: fake friendliness to try and scam you followed by rudeness when it's obvious you're not going for it. Once or twice, fine, but over and over again.
Hong Kong: It's alright, but there are better cities that are much cheaper.
Okinawa: When I went there was apparently a hurricane on the way (which never arrived) so they shut off all the boats to the little islands, which is the whole reason for going there. Once you're stuck on the main island, there's not a huge amount to do, and compared to the rest of Japan it's an awful place to get around on public transport. I'm sure if you go not during a hurricane it's great.
Vigan: It's a UNESCO world heritage site, and all that means is that it costs about 5 times the price compared to the rest of the Philippines for a hotel and the McDonalds is in an old colonial building.
Dublin: It's nice enough, but it's like any mid-sized British city but with London prices for alcohol.
Tunisia: I don't know if it's even rated, but it's boring.
Marrakesh: Well Morocco in general, but I quite liked Chefchaouen. I went to Marrakesh during Eid, so it was a bit quiet and not a lot was open. Even so, the first day I got there it was busy and I think that was even worse.
Hanoi: I've been there a lot on the way to other places and it's always done my head in. Rude people, constant hassle, awful traffic and noise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.