What did you collect as a kid.

Programmes and panini stickers. Think I got a completed album of World Cup 82.

Bought my nephews stickers recently, 70p a packet they are now.

Used to collect Volkswagen badges. By collect I actually mean I damaged people's cars by stealing them. I was 12 or 13 at the time so I knew better but was a little feral shit. I do think Michael Diamond should shoulder some responsibility for the craze. Anyway, if you had a VW in Didsbury, Withington or Fallowfield in the mid to late 80s and the badge went off it it may well have been me that took it. Sorry.
I used to collect mugs, any printed with company logos, I still would but have moved about and never kept them all and can't be arsed to build the collection up again. No point when I get a 'dad' one around father's Day or birthdays.
I want to get all the Tintin books. I read them all as a kid and bought one on holiday a few years back from a gift shop and I was surprised at how well written they are and they're still funny. They cost money though :(

Used to collect Volkswagen badges. By collect I actually mean I damaged people's cars by stealing them. I was 12 or 13 at the time so I knew better but was a little feral shit. I do think Michael Diamond should shoulder some responsibility for the craze. Anyway, if you had a VW in Didsbury, Withington or Fallowfield in the mid to late 80s and the badge went off it it may well have been me that took it. Sorry.
I used to collect mugs, any printed with company logos, I still would but have moved about and never kept them all and can't be arsed to build the collection up again. No point when I get a 'dad' one around father's Day or birthdays.
I want to get all the Tintin books. I read them all as a kid and bought one on holiday a few years back from a gift shop and I was surprised at how well written they are and they're still funny. They cost money though :(
I think you need to track all those Volkswagen owners down and apologise profusely to them, there is nothing more annoying then somebody stealing the badge from your pride and joy.
:)

Roy Of The Rovers and Tiger comics - got about 200+ in loft

Footie sticker albums

Footie cards - still got about 200 in the loft as well. Used to get my 10p spends on a Friday and run to the shop to buy packets.

Unopened empty beer cans - my dad worked on the shopfloor for a company called Metal Box which made the small beer cans and he would bring them home for me and I woud proudly display them in my bedroom.

Bubblegum Cards

American Civil War
Mars Attacks (theres a full set going on eBay for £700)
Batman
Beatles
Monkees
Man from Uncle
Outer Limits (these now go for £2 to £3 each)

PG Tips Cards (from the packet)

I used to collect cigarette cards as well (from relatives who smoked) and had a huge collection (Mainly footballers and cricketers) . Sadly these have all been lost apart from 1 album of vintage cars.

My brother still has complete sets of all those bubble gum cards. The American civil war cards were gruesome but the artwork was stunning. They came with dollar bills in varying amounts which he also has.

He was telling me that some of the cards in the civil war and Mars attacks sets are very rare because they were withdrawn being too gruesome even for the children of the 60s. Looking at them now takes you right back to your childhood.

Marbles, coins, stamps, hockey and baseball cards, golf balls with logo's, golf course membership tags. My parents weren't too thrilled when I collected a fair whack of pre 1968 Canadian silver coins that they were saving hidden away that went for pop and crisps.
Now it's vintage stereo's and old wooden speakers that I like to refinish and recap the crossovers. And way to many pounds, or stone as you call them over there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.