Overrated Places

checkpoint Charlie yeah, but Berlin itself is great.
Went to Checkpoint Charlie in the days when the wall was still in place. Squaddies wanted update on Corrie, cos they got it weeks late.
Loved Berlin: the Havel, Ka De We, Ku'dam, green eels delicious, as were eisbeins (ham hock) some interesting clubs (wink wink). Crossed to East, still under commie regime, a real eye opener, dull like 1950s Manchester only worse. Met a Czech who had been trapped wrong side of wall and couldnt get out, no papers. I remember there were black and white tvs for sale for a months average wage, air full of 2-stroke fumes, and eyes everywhere.

Any place in UK, where tourist tat shops have pushed everything else out.

Las Vegas...written from Las Vegas MGM Signature Hotel! Conor McGregor fight tomorrow!
L.A.
Beijing (Forbidden City only thing there! Great Wall is waaaaaaay out of town)
St Thomas, USVI (St Maarten much better)
Puerto Rico
Jamaica
Orlando, unless you’ve got kids aged 6-12
Idaho, all of it! (just kidding!)
Mexico City
Puerta Vallarta
Miami/Fort Lauderdale
New York

All Turkey, how can anyone hate all Turkey.
the bit I went to kudadesi I think it was called full of shop owners hasselling you to go in there shops.this was about 20 years ago so don't know what its like now but it put me off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.