50th on a budget

BLUEYESTU

It’s my 50th birthday in May this year and I’m hoping to do something to celebrate it, but due to some crap luck with broken boilers, plumbing leaks etc the money I had saved for it has long gone.
My family clubbed together at Xmas and bought me a tour for 2 people of The Etihad (I’ve never been so can’t wait to finally see it) so I’ve thought I could book that for around my birthday and maybe spend a weekend in Manchester. But I really need some advice on where we could go for a good, classy meal and not spend a fortune. I hate Premier Inn, Travel Lodge etc but don’t really know anywhere else that’s cheapish but not potentially a dump. Any suggestions on good restaurants (Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Indian), a nice bar where we can sit and have a nice drink, and a good value hotel are really appreciated.

It’s my 50th birthday in May this year and I’m hoping to do something to celebrate it, but due to some crap luck with broken boilers, plumbing leaks etc the money I had saved for it has long gone.
My family clubbed together at Xmas and bought me a tour for 2 people of The Etihad (I’ve never been so can’t wait to finally see it) so I’ve thought I could book that for around my birthday and maybe spend a weekend in Manchester. But I really need some advice on where we could go for a good, classy meal and not spend a fortune. I hate Premier Inn, Travel Lodge etc but don’t really know anywhere else that’s cheapish but not potentially a dump. Any suggestions on good restaurants (Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Indian), a nice bar where we can sit and have a nice drink, and a good value hotel are really appreciated.

What date in May? If it's early I will let you have my season ticket for the Bournemouth game if you would like it?

Not sure where is best value place to stay that's not a hovel, I'm sure my mate @snorky can advise as he uses city centre hotels several times per season.

As for good food, if you want ambient surroundings you'll pay for it wherever you go in town. If you want an excellent no frills meal experience where Chinese people eat than I advise Happy Seasons on Faulkner st in Chinatown. For a cracking low cost authentic Thai meal I like MyThai on Tib st

Enjoy your visit to god's own city and future happy 50th: )

Last edited:
Their prices are creeping up but you can still get some value on Airbnb properties for a night.

Motel one Piccadilly will be £69 for one always go there, great location and good hotel, bar and breakfast. There is another motel one by royal exchange but never been there.

Plenty of places down Chinatown! Can’t help you with food sorry

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.