Overrated Places

Yeah, I really wanted to like it, but didn’t. Thought it ordinary. In fairness, when I went there in 2006, my business was starting to systemically struggle after eight years of non-stop success and my wife-to-be had become wholly disinterested in sex, immediately after the best period in our relationship, sexually. Talk about a turnaround. Reality was starting to advance...
Bad timing as well then, that was a depressing film too ;(

Berlin. Everywhere was too spread out, several people were rude and had trouble finding decent places to go at night. As far as Germany goes, Munich is far better.

I couldn’t (respectfully) disagree more. If you stay in Alexanderplatz and drink in Mitte then you’re made. I also didn’t find anyone rude. Even the scallywag drinking a bottle of wine on his own was hilarious.

I really liked Berlin.

the bit I went to kudadesi I think it was called full of shop owners hasselling you to go in there shops.this was about 20 years ago so don't know what its like now but it put me off.
Exactly this for me, plus male youths, men and grandads hanging around / accosting female tourists of any age at all times of the day and night.

You need to brace yourself for Istanbul certainly. It’s all very competitive for bars, restaurants etc. They’ll block your path or start some bullshit conversation with you to get your custom. I’ve never been anywhere so bad for it. The markets are the same where you haggle for things.

I think I would go back but I’m better prepared for it now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.