Cambodia or Vietnam? Or both ??

It blew my mind mate. I’ve seen waterfalls all over, but that one is like being in some sort of fantasy dream.

One thing I remember about Laos is how happy everyone is. They’ve got fuck all to their name yet they are always happy. One thing I do regret is not going travelling a few years earlier as I missed the donut rafting in Vang Vieng, it got banned about a year before I went I think.
Pretty sure the tubing still exists but just in a reduced format, only 4 bars along the river are allowed to be open at any one time, instead of all of them! There was a “death slide” that many really did die on and that’s gone. I don’t remember what happened around the crackdown but if it disappeared completely it’s definitely been brought back. The police have tried to get on top of the drug scene too.

I’d advise on doing Laos as well.
I fancy taking in all 3 countries mate. I'm all for adventure but booking a trip independantly taking in 3 far eastern countries is a bit daunting.

There was an excellent all-inclusive package offer on Groupon a couple of years ago I almost booked on, but that offer has long since expired.

Pretty sure the tubing still exists but just in a reduced format, only 4 bars along the river are allowed to be open at any one time, instead of all of them! There was a “death slide” that many really did die on and that’s gone. I don’t remember what happened around the crackdown but if it disappeared completely it’s definitely been brought back. The police have tried to get on top of the drug scene too.

When I was there one bar was open, not the carnage it used to be. Still a pretty cool place to go, I got off my head on magic mushrooms with a few locals. All this talking about travelling is making me want to go back.

When I was there one bar was open, not the carnage it used to be. Still a pretty cool place to go, I got off my head on magic mushrooms with a few locals. All this talking about travelling is making me want to go back.
The scenery around Vang Vieng is absolutely insane too, the mountains/jungles, it’s other-worldly.

Magic mushrooms and watching Friends on loop, which seems to be on in every bar, those were the days.

I’ve had to retire my backpack, I’ve met my mrs and got a 5 month old lad now.

I must apologise to the OP, talking about Laos when the thread is for Cambodia/Vietnam, but once I start reminiscing I can’t stop :)

I fancy taking in all 3 countries mate. I'm all for adventure but booking a trip independantly taking in 3 far eastern countries is a bit daunting.

There was an excellent all-inclusive package offer on Groupon a couple of years ago I almost booked on, but that offer has long since expired.
They are easy to do, friendly people, generally safe, easy to get around, plenty to do, travelled around them for majority of 20s solo, never had an issue, just go for it, saying that poipet is a shithole

Agree went to both on a cruise last year. Vietnam was fantastic - war museum is a must but prepare to be shocked. Cambodia (Sihanoukville) was a total dirty shithole
was always a bit rough but heard its being destroyed by development over past few years. The islands off it, koh rung, rabbit Island, all stunning, as is the province in general

The scenery around Vang Vieng is absolutely insane too, the mountains/jungles, it’s other-worldly.

Magic mushrooms and watching Friends on loop, which seems to be on in every bar, those were the days.

I’ve had to retire my backpack, I’ve met my mrs and got a 5 month old lad now.

I must apologise to the OP, talking about Laos when the thread is for Cambodia/Vietnam, but once I start reminiscing I can’t stop :)

No apology required .. could be my next country

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.