What did you collect as a kid.

Stella bottles. The big ones. From the age of 16 - 21. Managed to fill a few bookcases. Reckon they'd have been worth a mint if my mum didn't make me throw them out to make way for 'stuff'.

Used to collect Volkswagen badges. By collect I actually mean I damaged people's cars by stealing them. I was 12 or 13 at the time so I knew better but was a little feral shit. I do think Michael Diamond should shoulder some responsibility for the craze. Anyway, if you had a VW in Didsbury, Withington or Fallowfield in the mid to late 80s and the badge went off it it may well have been me that took it. Sorry.
I used to collect mugs, any printed with company logos, I still would but have moved about and never kept them all and can't be arsed to build the collection up again. No point when I get a 'dad' one around father's Day or birthdays.
I want to get all the Tintin books. I read them all as a kid and bought one on holiday a few years back from a gift shop and I was surprised at how well written they are and they're still funny. They cost money though :(

ha ha!
I lived in Clinton Avenue and if you declined our offer to mind your car during the match at Maine Road you’d return to find your car badge pinged off and in my collection.

I had a pretty good collection of insect pieces - wings, legs etc. stored in those small brown pill containers. Mainly for examining under my miscroscope, but after having had them in ‘storage’ for a while, they did develop a rather unhealthy hum. Same went for the concoction of medicines I mixed in them.

My bessie/gf at primary school once got me to open them for her younger brother to get a whiff (final year for us, his first) whereupon she jammed it to his nose and then proceeded to laugh her head off at his subsequent wretching.

Used to collect Esso coins and fa cup badges from our local garage when I was 10 or11. The bloke on the till must have been so pissed off with us calling in every day after school to ask for any spares

I still obtain pin badges now. I have an airport style sealable bag full (like you’d use for toiletries) that I’ve acquired from football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.