Overrated Places

I think it was rated #2 when I went, behind Melbourne. Melbourne is awesome, Vancouver is decent but not close to #2.

Was that for best places or for best place to live as it usually tops those rankings? Obviously the two are very different.

If I had to pick one place it would be Florence, but that could possibly be due to my mindset rather than the actual place also Singapore and Penang.

Was that for best places or for best place to live as it usually tops those rankings? Obviously the two are very different.

If I had to pick one place it would be Florence, but that could possibly be due to my mindset rather than the actual place and Singapore and Penang.
It was for best place to live, but it still wouldn't be close to number 2 in my mind.

It was for best place to live, but it still wouldn't be close to number 2 in my mind.

No, I used to live near Fleet, which is often top of the rankings, but now live in Bournemouth (which doesn’t) but the quality of life down here is beyond fantastic and wipes the floor with Fleet etc. They use a strange set of metrics to judge best place to live.

On the holiday theme; but instead of recommendations, places you wouldn't be too bothered if you never went back to, or you'd avoid going to again.

Some will no doubt be unpopular opinions, I'll get the ball rolling.

Brussels
Barcelona
Florence
Krakow
Paris
All those places are decent with maybe the exception of Paris.

Benidorm for me

No, I used to live near Fleet, which is often top of the rankings, but now live in Bournemouth (which doesn’t) but the quality of life down here is beyond fantastic and wipes the floor with Fleet etc. They use a strange set of metrics to judge best place to live.
I lived in Bournemouth for a couple of years, loved the place

Of course it's always individual specific, and also depends at what stage of life you're at, but most of the people I lived in Calgary with much preferred Calgary to Vancouver. I live in Surrey now, and based on the age our kids are at and things they and we enjoy, that's as good as anywhere.

I lived in Bournemouth for a couple of years, loved the place

Yes, fantastic place. Gave the match a miss today so instead went out walking over Hengistbury head and onto the sand spit for a cup of tea. Just fantastic especially with the blue skies. Miles of beaches and the Purbecks, New Forest in your doorstep, great for anyone who likes the outdoors.

Of course it's always individual specific, and also depends at what stage of life you're at, but most of the people I lived in Calgary with much preferred Calgary to Vancouver. I live in Surrey now, and based on the age our kids are at and things they and we enjoy, that's as good as anywhere.

Indeed. A lot of metrics look at crime levels, job opportunities etc. But once you have a job and with crime issues being specific to certain areas not enough value given to local amenities like beaches, national forests etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.