Match Thread | Man City vs Crystal Palace (18/01/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be difficult to come from behind in this one, We're struggling to break them down to be honest they are defending well.
We need to get Mahrez and Rodri on.
Still a long way to go. Come on blues!

P.S. John Stones is fucking garbage.

Errrr.... been one of our best so far

Mahrez being dropped during a really good bit of form is incredible for me. Can you imagine klopp dropping salah or mane when they’ve been banging them in? Don’t think so

I think that Pep is a bit of a dogmatic perfectionist, and that out of the players he's got he somehow doesn't see Mahrez as the best fit. I think his vision of a perfect lineup (using the current players) doesn't include mahrez. I base this on nothing more than a hunch. So I'm most likely wrong :)

Palace are too good defensively to let us back into this easily. We need Mahrez as a moment of magic is the only way we are scoring, the team is not clicking.

Rodri for Silva
Jesus for Sterling
Mahrez for Bernardo

play 343:

Ederson

Stones
Rodri
Fernandinho

Cancelo
KDB
Gundogan
Mendy

Mahrez
Aguero
Jesus

Absolutely comical. We are too slow going forward and being direct. Masters of the sideways and backward pass.

We seem unable to take our chances and insist on trying to walk it into the goal.
Again I repeat this time and time again. The intensity of our press informs and ignites our attack. When certain players are not playing, the press isn't as ferocious. And by extension, our passing becomes labored and conservative.

Because he'd be useless, CP are not playing through the middle and would therefore obviate his defensive skills. CP are rather trying to catch us on the break long. Better to Gundo in there for his passing ability.
He passes sideways, backwards and a couple of overhit chips to Mendy.

I assume that we would have won most of these games....so hope for the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.