Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Gundogan is a smashing player, he's calm under pressure and is excellent at keeping possession but the major flaw is that we are not the same explosive and untouchable Man City we all love when he is on the pitch.
I text a friend at half time stating that the City I love is back and said that we are quicker and more direct because Gundogan was not on the park. I said as a joke that he must not have been playing when we destroyed Watford 8-0. A quick google revealed that he did not play and was on the bench for the full 90 minutes.
He was suspended when we destroyed Burnley 4-1.
He was substituted at 3-1 v Norwich, finished 3-2.
He came on for Kev v Wolves when we were winning 2-1 and we subsequently lost 3-2. I don't blame Gundogan for that as substituting Kev freed up 2 or 3 wolves players who had spent the game marking Kev.
Then today, we are cruising 5-0 against a poor team and the score with Gundogan on the park is 1-1. He was good enough when he came on but unwilling to move forward or be quick with the pass.

He is too good a player not to be part of our squad but apart from the first half against the scum last week and at certain times last season I can't remember when he was part of our team at their dynamic best.

De Bruyne is feckin awesome by the way.

I think Gundogan is a smashing player, he's calm under pressure and is excellent at keeping possession but the major flaw is that we are not the same explosive and untouchable Man City we all love when he is on the pitch.
I text a friend at half time stating that the City I love is back and said that we are quicker and more direct because Gundogan was not on the park. I said as a joke that he must not have been playing when we destroyed Watford 8-0. A quick google revealed that he did not play and was on the bench for the full 90 minutes.
He was suspended when we destroyed Burnley 4-1.
He was substituted at 3-1 v Norwich, finished 3-2.
He came on for Kev v Wolves when we were winning 2-1 and we subsequently lost 3-2. I don't blame Gundogan for that as substituting Kev freed up 2 or 3 wolves players who had spent the game marking Kev.
Then today, we are cruising 5-0 against a poor team and the score with Gundogan on the park is 1-1. He was good enough when he came on but unwilling to move forward or be quick with the pass.

He is too good a player not to be part of our squad but apart from the first half against the scum last week and at certain times last season I can't remember when he was part of our team at their dynamic best.

De Bruyne is feckin awesome by the way.
https://www.sportbible.com/football...me-by-every-single-digit-this-season-20190614

Why he got new contract? The guys bang average, looks arsed for the German national team but takes the piss with us with his selective effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.