Crystal Palace (H) - Post Match

Our season summed up in 1 game.
14 Corners and no threat. Opponents have 2 and score from 1
25 Shots and only 6 on target. Opposition yet again score from their first shot on target and score 2 from 3 on target. Our attacking and finishing is as much to blame as our awful defence.
I have never known anything in football like how we seem to concede so often with first shots on target and it happens so often.
We have now gone behind at home about 7 times in the last 10 games if i remember seeing that stat correctly earlier, simply not good enough

Oh City
You get back into it then score what looks like the winner and then you hit me with that .... Talk about deflating ?
We just don't defend well . I mean it's all basic stuff. Just look at Rodri after that goal He's absolutely mad angry . No wonder, we are the same .

City you do everything to defend that lead - everything . But no . You had to let them run up the field into dangerous position . You have to be less naive . It's almost soul destroying.

Thought mendy is starting to look much better but he’s become virtually our sole outlet out wide and he must have 30 crossing opportunities a game which is very worrying.

not sure what he has to do start more games but that was crying out for Foden and someone who could go past a player and make something happen. Oh well, onto the next game.

Again, the naive arrogance from the top down in placing the outcome of the season on the hopes that our only good defender did not get hurt comes back to bite us.

In some ways this feels like 12-13 all over again.

It’s criminal that Cancelo and Stones could not deal with Zaha, that would not have happened with KW there. He would have either taken him out as soon as he picked up the ball or beat him to it. Naive and poor by both of them. Pep really must stop fiddling with the team. I sigh everytime I see a Gundogan on the 11. He slows us down too much. Shame about Merlin, his pace isn’t there any longer but he still creates space. Sterling was average, again. Not sure what’s happening with him.
I suppose at least we didn’t lose.

Pep once again fucked up with his team selection. Picking his pet players. The players who have performed well lately were rewarded with a place on the bench. It's been one shit show after another. Whether pep stays or goes at the end of this season is probably irrelevant now. Getting out manoeuvred by one failed manager after another. Nothing lasts forever. It's been fantastic but the ships taking on water now and there's not much sign of it been plugged. Today is all on Pep I'm afraid. He picks the guilty parties time and time again.

Or tried to chop him in half, and ended up on his arse as Zaha marched into the box
;-)

Stones was aggressive in the air all game but he still looks unsure/hesitant when the chips are down. I feared the worst as soon as he dropped off and let him come into the box.

Stones won a header in the opening ten minutes and hardly got off his feet thereafter. He had two moments when he could have challenged Zaha, but he didn’t trust himself, and by the time of the third, it was too late.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.