#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly are double pivots
When playing out from the back you have 2 midfielders drop deeper, when usually in a single pivot (Rodri or Gundo) are by themselves.

Single pivot
____________GK__________
RB______CB________CB_______LB
_____________Pivot_________
RW_____KDB________MF____LW
_____________F____________

Double pivot with 3 at the back

___________GK___________
CB____________CB____________CB
____Pivot(KDB)_______Pivot_________
RB__________MF______________LB
______F______________F________
Kev can play here, but you really want him further up where he usually is sitting next to Silva where he can cause the most damage. With the 3 at the back the 2nd pivot is necessary for build up play as it allows for more passing lanes for the CB's.

I think he's the best all round footballer in the world - he can do everything and has almost every attribute you need in decent amount.

Add to that his quiet, humble, and a good leader. Once he's done he'll be debated as one of if not the best footballer in PL history.

Think he's low profile and quietness will actually be detrimental for that. If you look at someone like Van Dyke, there was such a bizarre groundswell of support and publicity surrounding a player from nowhere to the point he was been considered the best in the world. When a year previous he was in a Southampton team.

Kev De Bruyne is the most enjoyable footballer in the world to watch. The level of skill, not fancy tricks, but pure skill is amazing. A few of us were having a debate trying to compare him to another midfielder from different eras, two of the more memorable mentions were Johnny Giles without the leg breaking tackles and Andrea Pirlo but more dangerous around the goal!!

I should mention we were drinking!!

DeBruyneKev: “I’m lucky to be surrounded by a whole group of mates I consider to be great friends. I think that’s why we have been so successful on the pitch. We truly care about one another on and off the pitch!”

"I think the team we have ensembled right now is great. I love playing with guys that I truly consider brothers. It is an honour to go and play on the same pitch with them and I definitely do not take it for granted!” [via @MOTDmag]

DeBruyneKev: “I’m lucky to be surrounded by a whole group of mates I consider to be great friends. I think that’s why we have been so successful on the pitch. We truly care about one another on and off the pitch!”

"I think the team we have ensembled right now is great. I love playing with guys that I truly consider brothers. It is an honour to go and play on the same pitch with them and I definitely do not take it for granted!” [via @MOTDmag]

What great words - top lad.

Think he's low profile and quietness will actually be detrimental for that. If you look at someone like Van Dyke, there was such a bizarre groundswell of support and publicity surrounding a player from nowhere to the point he was been considered the best in the world. When a year previous he was in a Southampton team.

Kev De Bruyne is the most enjoyable footballer in the world to watch. The level of skill, not fancy tricks, but pure skill is amazing. A few of us were having a debate trying to compare him to another midfielder from different eras, two of the more memorable mentions were Johnny Giles without the leg breaking tackles and Andrea Pirlo but more dangerous around the goal!!

I should mention we were drinking!!

You can add Enzo scifo to the mix.

Cost us the game today unfortunately.

Completely gifted them a goal by switching off and ball watching at the corner when everyone else played the offside trap and once they were 1-0 up we were always going to be fucked.

Thought his whole game was pretty poor after that as well, awful deliveries from out wide, spent way too much time deeper than Gundogan and everytime we got near their box he played one pass too many.

As bad an individual mistake as we have had this season, theres literally no excuse for just not being awake at a corner and doing your job.

Not his best game but has carried us for most of the season and unlucky with the free kick that hit the bar.

Not up to par but definitely can get a pass after this match. Him, Mendy, Aguero and Jesus are the only ones who should not be ashamed after today. Ederson couldn't really do anything about the goals

Cost us the game today unfortunately.

Completely gifted them a goal by switching off and ball watching at the corner when everyone else played the offside trap and once they were 1-0 up we were always going to be fucked.

Thought his whole game was pretty poor after that as well, awful deliveries from out wide, spent way too much time deeper than Gundogan and everytime we got near their box he played one pass too many.

As bad an individual mistake as we have had this season, theres literally no excuse for just not being awake at a corner and doing your job.
He did poor on the corner. His crossing wasn't good. I agree bad game, although of all players he is allowed them once in a while.

Usually, when Pep plays these 3 midfielders, he has Kevin drop deeper with Gundogan and David up top, so I wouldn't blame him positionally in this sense, its clearly instructed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.