Crystal Palace (H) - Post Match

Loads of possession but little quality. Feel for Kev, clearly surrounded by players not on their game and he can’t do it all.
Thought Palace were brilliant today and Roy’s plan was almost perfect. Let us have the width and packed the central area. It’ll be frustrating from the palace fans point of view that can come to the champions and deserve a point then go and draw against Norwich.Poor team selection from Pep today, he’s done that one time too many this season. He’ll be prickly again in the interviews and they have a right to ask the question why he rotated today.

Today's winner of the Internet, iiiiisssss

Only well finish further behind the dippers, than we did the rags.

Never again Silva D and Mr Bang Average 8 on the same starting eleven, again
Sterling is so far away from ANY kind of form, it's untrue.
VAR got the decision right. If that happened against us, we'd all be going mental.
Foden needs minutes in this side. He's wasted, sitting with a coat on.

mr bang average had more good balls today than up to where you can count probably.

Ok havent seen the match but I was worried before ko with a midfield of Gundogan and David Silva. I hate to say anything against our magician, I have said before that Foden should be starting with Silva coming on in the last 20mins for Foden. That midfield was to slow.
It seems odd to me that we put a little run together and than Pep goes back to a slow midfield !! I dont get it. The league is gone so why arent we trying some academy kids and not playing Foden more ?
We do have a team with pace Jesus, foden, Bernardo, marhez, sterling, but for some reason Pep keeps putting out a slow midfield very odd.

Nope he sent out the team with the pedestrian gundogan, the totally inept John stones and someone that's masquerading as raheeem sterling. We have lost 5 times already this season, we haven't managed more than 3 wins in a row yes that's 3 in a row. Lost to absolute muck on several occasions. You can have all the possession you want, not much good if you don't make it count. If we continue like this we could end up losing 8 league games this season. How would you feel about that.? The annoying part is it was all so unnecessary.

I will feel just fine.

It isn't life or death and we wont be getting relegated but will finish comfortably top 4 and hopefully with a few pots to boot.

Nope he sent out the team with the pedestrian gundogan, the totally inept John stones and someone that's masquerading as raheeem sterling. We have lost 5 times already this season, we haven't managed more than 3 wins in a row yes that's 3 in a row. Lost to absolute muck on several occasions. You can have all the possession you want, not much good if you don't make it count. If we continue like this we could end up losing 8 league games this season. How would you feel about that.? The annoying part is it was all so unnecessary.
So who should we get ? When we get rid of the bald loser?

Very disappointed. We started okay and Kevin came within inches of giving us the lead but what has been disturbing this season is that when we concede first, when we go behind, we get worse rather than better, in contrast to last season and especially our centurions season. For the last ten minutes of the first half and the first half of the second half we were unimaginative and pedestrian. I don't think there was anything wrong with Pep's selection, apart from some of them not playing very well and I don't think our back four is solely responsible for out defensive problems. Admittedly Stones didn't win the ball in the air for the first but Tosun was in a lot of space and was actually being played onside by KdB! Our organisation left a lot to be desired. For the second the entire team was about ten yards further forward than it should have been when you've taken the lead in the 89th minute and have replaced a forward with a deep lying midfielder.

On the plus side Mendy looked the player we bought and was our best attacking threat for the first hour and a bit, and Sergio is just in a class of his own.

Stones a convenient scape goat , any centre half is gonna struggle one on one against zaha, real issue is we’ve just gone one up with a couple minutes left and left zaha and wickham on a two on two against stones and Fernandinho smh .
What a frustrating season it’s been in the league .
It’s just not happened for us , thought we weren’t too bad today , again though two shots two goals .
Any one else think our squad might be just too bloated ?
We were brilliant at villa , any other team puts in that performance that team survey starts the next week .
We’ve got so many top players though we have to rotate to keep everyone happy and it’s causing us problems because just feels like we can’t get any consistency going .
Sane and Laporte aren’t even back yet , top players aren’t even gonna make the bench soon .
Rotation for rotations sake seems like it’s hurting us now.
Prems been Liverpools for a while , still think could be a good season though , couple trophy’s potentially and excited about champions league .
Just enjoy the ride :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.