Crystal Palace (H) - Post Match

Our best team does not include Stones, Cancelo, Gundongan, or in my opinion Sterling.

Rotation my arse. Injuries and suspensions will always give someone like Raheem a way back into the team. But dropping Mahrez who was on fire was fucking dumb

I will feel just fine.

It isn't life or death and we wont be getting relegated but will finish comfortably top 4 and hopefully with a few pots to boot.
Saving themselves for next year, beginning to think its like old times at Maine Road wondering which City will turn up.

This season in the league, Aguero, Jesus, Kevin and Mahrex have have atleast 1 goal contribution per 90 mins. They are our big 4 players, Pep only started 2 of them. Sterling and Bernardo are at around 0.67.

If the goal was to simply win I assume he would have started all 4 but he clearly has rested Sterling more over the past month with him not playing every game and since he was rested he played this one. Didn't do himself any favors though.

Bernardo on the wing again, I was hoping Pep realized he is a midfielder for us by now. Swapping him with David and playing Mahrez would have been better going forward, we probably wouldn't have had to wait so long for our first goal. Although Mahrez was being rested too so I atleast understand why.

Stones man... its these mistakes when he has to defend these scenarios... its disappointing, he isn't reliable and I feel like we have seen this for too long.

It’s clear to see that when sane is fit and if he does stay we can’t play like that with mendy so far forward and expect Sane to play wide on the left.

Knew stones would be the scapegoat on here for that. It was very good wing play, yes he could have done better but expecting him to do better is asking for perfection, maybe look at why he was dragged out of position and question where our right back and/or holding midfield cover was first before blaming him. Besides, there’s only one man to blame for that and that’s Pep.

We’ve just had some of the best performances of the season under a new formation that’s brought some spark to our otherwise stale performances this season and he decides to abandon it and go back to the exact same style that’s seen us drop points regularly to teams that are average at best and have performed that way too as well as being far from convincing in other wins with slow predictable passing that troubles nobody. Where was the plan today? What was the focus of our attacking play because To me it looked like possession for the sake of it and wait for somebody else to do something. Took 75 minutes to inject a bit of intensity into the side and with as fit of a squad as anybody at this moment in time and a decent rest between games there’s zero excuse for it.

No idea how sterling is conning minutes out of the likes of Jesus mahrez and Foden at the moment when he’s in such horrific form.

On the long journey back home. All Stones has to do is push him out wide, basic centre half skill. Very poor. Not sure what all the love is with Mendy, rinse and repeat. The cross for Sergio fair enough but all game his crosses were way too high. No variation at all. Cancelo also poor. Sterling non existent. If you look at our recent good results Mahrez played. Did it deserve to be dropped. Rotation for the sake of it. Play like we did today and that second leg is far from over. Why Foden did not play to give us energy who knows. Rant over but so annoyed at that performance or lack of it today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.