Crystal Palace (H) - Post Match

People need to understand that we are fast approaching the business end with 3 trophies to play for.
Of course he’s going to rotate - today on paper was the perfect game to do so.
We were the better team but like so often this season we let ourselves down in both boxes.
We didn’t drop points because of Pep fucking up, however some would like to believe it.

I couldn’t give a toss about him online, but I am pleased to see he’s maintaining a run of fitness and games, and that his match performances are improving. It didn’t help they sat so deep today with so many players in the crowded box, but his delivery gives us an added dimension.
Mendy is the wrong place to be looking for the big issues from today imho
He was singled out for praise... hence the comments...

This season in the league, Aguero, Jesus, Kevin and Mahrex have have atleast 1 goal contribution per 90 mins. They are our big 4 players, Pep only started 2 of them. Sterling and Bernardo are at around 0.67.

If the goal was to simply win I assume he would have started all 4 but he clearly has rested Sterling more over the past month with him not playing every game and since he was rested he played this one. Didn't do himself any favors though.

Bernardo on the wing again, I was hoping Pep realized he is a midfielder for us by now. Swapping him with David and playing Mahrez would have been better going forward, we probably wouldn't have had to wait so long for our first goal. Although Mahrez was being rested too so I atleast understand why.

Stones man... its these mistakes when he has to defend these scenarios... its disappointing, he isn't reliable and I feel like we have seen this for too long.

We didn't play our best team today, should still have been enough to win. We were leggy.

Funny enough I could see the problems we were going to have already in the first minutes seeing us being slow and lethargic. Had the same feeling against Norwich, Wolves and the rags. I should start bet when I have this feeling that we are going to struggle. It was clear already in the first minutes that we weren't concentrated and generally not up for it. Strange but the league has gone months ago, so it's not such a big deal, hopefully.

Our best team does not include Stones, Cancelo, Gundongan, or in my opinion Sterling.

Rotation my arse. Injuries and suspensions will always give someone like Raheem a way back into the team. But dropping Mahrez who was on fire was fucking dumb
Agree with the majority of this post, I think Sterling should be one of the first names on the team sheet. He looks a shadow of himself in recent weeks compared to his flying start this season.
Mahrez has been incredible of late in his best period in a City shirt and should of started today.
Struggling to see what Cancelo brings to the side to he honest but then again its his first season in England so he needs time.
The less said about Stones and Gundogan the better.

That's stupid moaning. Pep can't play only the players who are in top form right now. We have a game in 3 days, then another game in the cups, then a very important game in the league cup and then Spurs away. He can't play our most in form players all the time, and Sterling won't regain form by sitting on the bench, we need him at top level for the CL.
That is totally out of order! Making sense on a post-match thread shouldn’t be allowed!

A
Because the desire and hunger has gone from this team. There isn’t anyone in that team hungry for another league medal.

it’s a coasting season. Rebuild needed in the summer,
After the last 2 yrs it's not surprising,if it was that easy to keep that up for a 3rd season then everyone would do it

There's better paid men at the club than me. I'm sure they have a shortlist. If the haven't it would be poor planning. He's leaving within the next 17 months either way, there must be a plan.
So you don’t know. There will be a plan for when Pep goes , hopefully we are still two or three years away. Maybe Txiki should interview a few from bluemoon there’s a few that know far better than Pep. To be fair though I can’t think of anybody better than Pep either.

Ho
Today's winner of the Internet, iiiiisssss

Only well finish further behind the dippers, than we did the rags.

Never again Silva D and Mr Bang Average 8 on the same starting eleven, again
Sterling is so far away from ANY kind of form, it's untrue.
VAR got the decision right. If that happened against us, we'd all be going mental.
Foden needs minutes in this side. He's wasted, sitting with a coat on.
how long have we as fans have being saying that? yet pep “the best coach in the world” Cant see the fuckin obvious:-/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.