Energy and Pace

this is one of thedownsides toprobably losing Leroy Sane - one of only a couple of players with that outright pace (and if rumours are true the guy earmarked to replace him is a bit more Mahrez than Sane

The energy and pace comes from fast transitioning of defence into attack. Yesterday, and for much of this season our players were taking 2, 3 and 4 extra touches before releasing the ball, allowing the opposition to put good defensive shapes in place, often 2 banks of 5 that gives very little opportunity to breakdown. Our players are quick enough but our play hasn't been. As an example, as soon as Angeliño delivered 1st time crosses, we score. It's not rocket science. I love David Silva and everything he has done for this club but playing him and Gundogan together always delivers the same result, slow build up play. It was only when Phil Foden started attacking players and getting quick little passes off that we looked like we could create anything. We are without doubt missing Sane but it's the slowing down of counter attacking plays that is really hurting us.

It may seem narcissistic to quote my own post but today was a repeat. Gundo and David equals slow build up play. Much as it pains me to say it but David, like Gundogan, needs someone more dynamic around him. As soon as he went off, we were more threatening in every way. Pep must see this but for the life of me I can't understand why he doesn't change it sooner, or even better, don't start with them both together.

It may seem narcissistic to quote my own post but today was a repeat. Gundo and David equals slow build up play. Much as it pains me to say it but David, like Gundogan, needs someone more dynamic around him. As soon as he went off, we were more threatening in every way. Pep must see this but for the life of me I can't understand why he doesn't change it sooner, or even better, don't start with them both together.

David is captain, and a legend to boot. It's not easy for Pep to make him our last choice midfielder. Which he should be right now. Dave was in great form in the first months of last season, over a year now he has been poor. We owe him respect. Problem is giving him starts and losing games isn't the best way to celebrate his career. He's a top professional and the current situation must be really bad for him as he doesn't want to leave with such a shit season for him.

Playing David Silva is costing us again and again. He should be coming on after an hour to conserve a game and in the Cups.

This game is a season of bad luck, injury and transition with Fernandinho and David Silva in their last seasons. Neither ideally should be starting.

Playing David Silva is costing us again and again. He should be coming on after an hour to conserve a game and in the Cups.

This game is a season of bad luck, injury and transition with Fernandinho and David Silva in their last seasons. Neither ideally should be starting.

Fernandinho shouldnt be starting !!! Really ?? I agree about David Silva sadly.

Don't discount the mental edge.

It has some role but we have won 9 of the last 10 games and confidence should be high after the performances last week. Was surprised today that we looked a bit lethargic and didn't build on the last performances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.