Crystal Palace (H) - Post Match

I’m

I’m with you about Stones and I refuse to jump on the Stones hating bandwagon. He did the right thing shepherding Zaha away from the danger zone but Zaha managed to get a completely speculative cross in that shouldn’t have been any trouble but unfortunately it hit Fern.

When Laporte gets back we have to play him with Stones and switch Fern back to midfield.

Trouble is Pep is so effing stubborn I think we all know what will happen.

Fernandinho is a centre half now. He was moved there before Laporte was injured.

That happened because KDB lost a tackle that was at least 80/20 in his favour & that allowed Palace to break. The number of tackles we lost that we should have won was criminal. There was one where Zara had 3 City players around him, all capable of winning the ball, but somehow came away with it unchallenged.

Having got into a winning position with minutes to go, yet again we didn't show the drive or desire to defend that lead. Soriano and Begiristain should be asking the same hard questions of Pep that Cook & Marwood asked of Hughes when his team went through a patch where we couldn't hold onto a lead. And if Pep can't answer those questions satisfactorily then he can have no complaints if he suffers the same fate.
Hughes never won a trophy never mind 5, he never provided a team than broken all the records, produced some of the best most football ever seen in the PL, to compare him with Hughes is frankly laughable and I’m surprised at you Colin

I seem to remember @tolmie's hairdoo being lambasted on here for the mere suggestion that we listen to Real Madrid’s offer of £125m for Sterling or whatever it was. Doesn’t seem so daft now although if they’ve been watching him of late I reckon they might re-evaluate the price tag
I’d drive him myself based on his recent form

I’m

I’m with you about Stones and I refuse to jump on the Stones hating bandwagon. He did the right thing shepherding Zaha away from the danger zone but Zaha managed to get a completely speculative cross in that shouldn’t have been any trouble but unfortunately it hit Fern.

When Laporte gets back we have to play him with Stones and switch Fern back to midfield.

Trouble is Pep is so effing stubborn I think we all know what will happen.

What game were you watching? He did not shepherd him out that was the problem.

Having got into a winning position with minutes to go, yet again we didn't show the drive or desire to defend that lead. Soriano and Begiristain should be asking the same hard questions of Pep that Cook & Marwood asked of Hughes when his team went through a patch where we couldn't hold onto a lead. And if Pep can't answer those questions satisfactorily then he can have no complaints if he suffers the same fate.

giphy.gif

People need to understand that we are fast approaching the business end with 3 trophies to play for.
Of course he’s going to rotate - today on paper was the perfect game to do so.
We were the better team but like so often this season we let ourselves down in both boxes.
We didn’t drop points because of Pep fucking up, however some would like to believe it.

why was today teh perfect game to do so - yes Villa was but Palace were the only team to takepoints off us at home last season so clearly are a decent team and know how to play against us.....d say today was the day NOT to rotate togive you the best chance to win.....if you are sacrificinf the league then fine bu we are in a battle for top 4 make no mistake about it.

We are a team that gift the opposition goals from minimum chances so we need to be more clinical in our finishing. First half today was basically half arsed by the team, we only got some urgency in the last 15 minutes. Sterling is frankly awful at present and has been for weeks, Gundogan improved second half but was shocking in the first half. Poor David Silva his best years are behind him surely time to put our trust in Foden. Not a cat in Hells chance of winning the Chumps we must go for the two domestic Cups.

I am totally confused wrt the handball rule. When the ref gave it, I said to myself there is no way VAR can overturn it as it defo hit his hand and I was convinced we were all playing to the tune of "if it hits your hand in the box, even if unintentional" then a penalty ensues.

So, can anyone state what is the exact rule that VAR are working to (gen Q) and not looking for only applies for everyone else​

I'd turn the last paragraph around and say Pep should be asking to see the money! Look how our turnover and commercial income and wealth keep increasing, yet for some reason we still don't seem to have the cahunas at board level or as a club to spend what it takes to match our supposed ambition.
How many billions more than everyone else do you think it will take?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.