Crystal Palace (H) - Post Match

I am totally confused wrt the handball rule. When the ref gave it, I said to myself there is no way VAR can overturn it as it defo hit his hand and I was convinced we were all playing to the tune of "if it hits your hand in the box, even if unintentional" then a penalty ensues.

So, can anyone state what is the exact rule that VAR are working to (gen Q) and not looking for only applies for everyone else​

The rule is thus.....if it hits your hand its a handball except for when it hits your hand and then its not a handball.

Colour of shit, ref, VAR seat warmers also has a huge say in which way it goes.

Nice for Uncle Roy to get another VAR decision today like he did the other week when it sent off an Arsenal player for him as well.

Just got back so need to see the highlights, or maybe not, in order to properly evaluate, however my basic breakdown:

Thought Mendy was Motm, never stopped running.
Sergio, again doesn’t do much except score, an absolute machine, love the guy.

Gundo just shite, so fucking annoying that he can’t influence a game.
Sterling complete wank, disgraceful performance, has believed the hype.
Stones, really hoped he could turn a corner but just too weak minded.
Dave Silva, club legend, but been saying for weeks now that he just shouldn’t be starting games any more.

Then on to Pep.....

No need to pick that side today, every player as mentioned above, that I thought shouldnt be in starting 11 proceeded to prove me right - he gets paid £15 fucking million a year, how hard is it?

Then the subs are just too late.

Anyhow, I’m just glad that I can be over these performances in minutes, seeing as we aren’t winning the league.

Just hope Pep is getting his ducks in a row for the Cups.

We look vulnerable every time teams have a go at us, we just have no confidence at all. I’d keep Laporte and walker out of our current defensive players and any of the rest I won’t really be too sad if pep feels it’s time to move them on.

Otamendi will probably leave, I like him but unfortunately he hasn't got the pace to cope with Premier League forwards..
He's the only centrehalf we have that can score from a corner though!

Stones did OK today apart from not blocking the cross at the death.. His head appears to be elsewhere..
Wouldn't lose sleep if he left..

Mendy played well today and is showing signs of improvement week in week out so I would keep

Cancelo's only been here 5 minutes and has been hot and cold.

I've read he wants away, if true I'd let him go, if not I'd keep him.

I like Zinchenko, a very versatile player, so I'd keep him..

The 2 young kids, Garcia and HB, defiantly keep..

Sell Otamendi and Stones and buy one decent centrehalf next season to pair up with Eric.

Cover would be Garcia as he's nearly ready..

Rodri to play in front of them and use Ferna sparingly as it will be his last season..

Easy this being a football manager.. Haha!

I am totally confused wrt the handball rule. When the ref gave it, I said to myself there is no way VAR can overturn it as it defo hit his hand and I was convinced we were all playing to the tune of "if it hits your hand in the box, even if unintentional" then a penalty ensues.

So, can anyone state what is the exact rule that VAR are working to (gen Q) and not looking for only applies for everyone else​
I didn't think it was a penalty. But, When the referee gave it I thought they wouldn't overrule the referee.
Personally I thought they overturned it because of the one on Zaha in the first half.

The handball rule is a complete and utter joke, One rule for defenders and another rule for attackers. It's farcical.

I put Kev in my fantasy team for the first time in ages, he's going straight out. I can jinx any City player on that thing.

Only if you are the attacker. If you’re the defender then accidental handball can still apply.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.