Crystal Palace (H) - Post Match

I thought we were by far the better side with the same frailties we've seen all year, but a lot of energy up front. Coming back after the denied pen (rightfully so, IMO) took some guts and a couple of great goals by Kun with excellent through balls. Mendy was great today. Gabby added a spark. Sterling continues to look lacking in confidence and hesitant. Kun is Kun. But . . .

For those defending Stones, his positioning on the goal they should have scored (Tosun through but fouled Ferny) and the one hit straight at Ederson when Tosun split the defense were both schoolboy wrong. I can't recall the last time I was really done with a City player in my own head -- Navas maybe -- when I thought the side would be better without him as a choose-able option, but I've gotten there with Stones now. He can't do the job. I don't really care if he's fine paired with a better defensive partner. With the style we play, he needs to be the complete package, and/or a leader of men, and he isn't.

You

You need to read some of the utter shite you post.

Hughes was sacked because he had no answers to why we weren't able to defend. Pep is a million times a better manager than Hughes but if he can't organise our defence, which is pretty crucial at the level we aspire to be, then hard questions have to be asked of him. There is no way round that.

Have a day off, comparing Hughes to Pep, oh dear

Hence the problems
It not just about one position. The team are goosed, two years at full tilt has took it's toll finally, they've been running on empty a lot of the time, the team has had a dip, no use picking it apart and blaming one position.
We got a fight for second and the chance of winning 3 cups, still lots to play for.
We aren't winning it this season so we regroup and have another crack at it next year, no biggie.

why was today teh perfect game to do so - yes Villa was but Palace were the only team to takepoints off us at home last season so clearly are a decent team and know how to play against us.....d say today was the day NOT to rotate togive you the best chance to win.....if you are sacrificinf the league then fine bu we are in a battle for top 4 make no mistake about it.
We’ll finish second, no danger.
It was perfect because we were always going to have a lot of the ball and the only way we drop points was going to be our own errors - like always, regardless of starting line up.
We were better than them all over the pitch and deserved to win the game.
We didn’t, shit happens.

Otamendi will probably leave, I like him but unfortunately he hasn't got the pace to cope with Premier League forwards..
He's the only centrehalf we have that can score from a corner though!

Stones did OK today apart from not blocking the cross at the death.. His head appears to be elsewhere..
Wouldn't lose sleep if he left..

Mendy played well today and is showing signs of improvement week in week out so I would keep

Cancelo's only been here 5 minutes and has been hot and cold.

I've read he wants away, if true I'd let him go, if not I'd keep him.

I like Zinchenko, a very versatile player, so I'd keep him..

The 2 young kids, Garcia and HB, defiantly keep..

Sell Otamendi and Stones and buy one decent centrehalf next season to pair up with Eric.

Cover would be Garcia as he's nearly ready..

Rodri to play in front of them and use Ferna sparingly as it will be his last season..

Easy this being a football manager.. Haha!
Haha yeah I agree with more of that to be fair. It’s a shame that ota has declined so quickly and vinnie couldn’t give at least one more season to give Garcia and TBH time to come through in a few years.

I honestly can’t see stones and ota being here next season and if true about cancelo I really wouldn’t be surprised. We will need 2 CB’s in the summer maybe or at least one top draw one and keep stones so we can give the two youngsters the time they will need.

I am totally confused wrt the handball rule. When the ref gave it, I said to myself there is no way VAR can overturn it as it defo hit his hand and I was convinced we were all playing to the tune of "if it hits your hand in the box, even if unintentional" then a penalty ensues.

So, can anyone state what is the exact rule that VAR are working to (gen Q) and not looking for only applies for everyone else​
If the ball come off your own body onto your hand then it’s counted as accidental Scott indicted this by rasping his thigh

We are softies. I would say big softies but that wouldn’t be accurate as the team averages 5’4”.

Lack of determination in the tackles and challenges lets us down so often. Both their goals soft.

Well done Sergio, another two to the total.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.