Will this challenge make Pep stay longer

He'll be here at least until his daughter does her A levels, unless we sack him, all things being equal. The question is does he want to rebuild the squad and take it to the level we achieved the last 2 seasons? It's a challenge he's not really had to face at Barcelona or Bayern and I have a sneaking suspicion that he will take the challenge on.
Whens that, the A levels I mean ? As for the rebuild I don’t think its that big, a centre back or two, reserve keeper, and maybe a Sane replacement this summer. Next summer Aguero and Fernandinho replaced. As well as integrating Foden, Garcia, Harwood Belis and maybe Doyle

I agree with Gabriel, I think if real intent is shown in the transfer market this summer that will be a big indicator that he’s going to stay longer. Let’s hope he does so he can shove klipperties pearly whites where the sun don’t shine!

The summer transfer window will be an indicator as to his intention to prolong his stay. If we don’t go deep in the CL and afterwards only add a couple of components, then I’lI suspect he’s not for staying longer. If we don’t go deep but sign 5 players and show an intent to rebuild, then I can see him staying longer.
I'm desperate for him to extend and rebuild. But I think him staying for just one more season after probably finishing 20+ points behind the winners would be a disaster for the club. We'd just be tossing off another season for no good reason. The team needs rebuilding and that's going to take longer than one transfer window and 3 weeks of pre-season training.

Pep needs to make a decision on his future in the next couple of months and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that from him. If he decides he wants to move on after 20/21, then I think that needs to be brought forward a year for both our sakes. But hopefully he decides he's well up for the challenge and signs on for 3 more years.

I agree with Gabriel, I think if real intent is shown in the transfer market this summer that will be a big indicator that he’s going to stay longer. Let’s hope he does so he can shove klipperties pearly whites where the sun don’t shine!
I think Pep wants to know whether the players are still receptive and that the board and fans still back him.

I don't think there's much wrong with the squad. Laporte' absence and ongoing injury problems for Stones creates a big problem. That needs addressing.

I have a slight concern about Rodri. He'snot very mobile for a defensive midfielder. I think he is OK if you have quick midfielders like Bernardo, KDB or Foden in there but that is an area of doubt for me.

I'm desperate for him to extend and rebuild. But I think him staying for just one more season after probably finishing 20+ points behind the winners would be a disaster for the club. We'd just be tossing off another season for no good reason. The team needs rebuilding and that's going to take longer than one transfer window and 3 weeks of pre-season training.

Pep needs to make a decision on his future in the next couple of months and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that from him. If he decides he wants to move on after 20/21, then I think that needs to be brought forward a year for both our sakes. But hopefully he decides he's well up for the challenge and signs on for 3 more years.

Given how close he is to the other people running the football side of the club, and his personal relationship with the others, then I’d be surprised if they don’t already know of his intention.

Guardiola has already written off the league, so his concentration, and arguably that of the players, is now on the cups and especially the CL. Whether we can somehow remain consistent in the cups whilst inconsistent in the league remains to be seen, however. As I mentioned previously, how far we go in the CL could have a bearing on his decision. Should we win it, I could see him bowing out. Should we get very close, I could see him tempted to stay. Lose to Madrid and he might have a bigger and harder decision to make.

Given how close he is to the other people running the football side of the club, and his personal relationship with the others, then I’d be surprised if they don’t already know of his intention.

Guardiola has already written off the league, so his concentration, and arguably that of the players, is now on the cups and especially the CL. Whether we can somehow remain consistent in the cups whilst inconsistent in the league remains to be seen, however. As I mentioned previously, how far we go in the CL could have a bearing on his decision. Should we win it, I could see him bowing out. Should we get very close, I could see him tempted to stay. Lose to Madrid and he might have a bigger and harder decision to make.
A major part of his remit was the CL. So far, so bad. Lose to a poor Madrid side and questions will have to be asked.

Domestically he's been great and will continue to win stuff if he stays.

Another problem and others might know,but is there a suitable replacement out there.

Like others have said a big indicator of his future here will be the spend in the summer. If the rumour of 5-6 players coming in is true then surely there will be a surprise departure or two?

A major part of his remit was the CL. So far, so bad. Lose to a poor Madrid side and questions will have to be asked.

Domestically he's been great and will continue to win stuff if he stays.

Another problem and others might know,but is there a suitable replacement out there.

I think a lot of people are underestimating Real Madrid and we'd all be foolish to do so.

They're top of the league and have only conceded 13 goals in the league all season.

Poor they ain't.

I think a lot of people are underestimating Real Madrid and we'd all be foolish to do so.

They're top of the league and have only conceded 13 goals in the league all season.

Poor they ain't.
Poor by their past standard possibly. It's difficult to gauge how good they are. They still have Ramos, Kroos and Modric playing for them and they have some young forwards but none has yet to look like a convincing replacement for Ronaldo. They are a good side, but can they be regarded as a great side? I think we can beat them.

Like others have said a big indicator of his future here will be the spend in the summer. If the rumour of 5-6 players coming in is true then surely there will be a surprise departure or two?
There wont be any radical overhaul. You allude to it yourself by thinking about the existing players. There really is only one position of substantial weakness and that is central defence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.