Var debate 2019/20

We’ve been told all season , touches the arm , deliberate or not it’s a pen , we’ve had to take the Laporte disallowed goal because it’s the new rule .
2 blatant ones at Anfield & the pen today denied because ‘it wasn’t deliberate’ , stick the game up your arse i’m Finished .

We haven't, but we've been told an equally farcical version.

If the ball accidentally hits a DEFENDER's arm - no pen.
If the ball accidentally hit an ATTACKER's arm - no goal.

So, 2 players, standing side by side, adhering to 2 different laws. Absolutely farcical.

So, 2 players, standing side by side, adhering to 2 different laws. Absolutely farcical.
A game i’ve Understood all my life I now don’t understand...it’s a bitter pill

Cut to Europe and that today IS a penalty.

I hope that what comes out of this is IFAB going for the throat of PiGMOB and them being fucked off from the game for good.

Cut to Europe and that today IS a penalty.

I hope that what comes out of this is IFAB going for the throat of PiGMOB and them being fucked off from the game for good.

My personal opinion is that it's not a penalty, but also, I don't think Jesus' goal vSpurs should ever be ruled out, either.

Still, I'd fuck VAR right off, what a load of toss.

My personal opinion is that it's not a penalty, but also, I don't think Jesus' goal vSpurs should ever be ruled out, either.

Still, I'd fuck VAR right off, what a load of toss.

If the ref goes and looks at it today on the monitor and says ive made a mistake and chalks it off im pissed but i get on with it.

Some twat sat in Stockley Park with untold influence in his ear that we dont know about does it and they can fuck right off.

Yes there was a penalty, yes VAR is sh*t. But we just can blame it anymore... We need to face it, we just play bad. I don’t know what the problem is, but we had this game 2:1. We just couldn’t hold the ball. Palace had 3 shots on target and 2 goals... ffs! Pep need to change something, maybe sign some players... For me Mahrez had to start... also we should really fix our defense before the RM game...

When are these twats at PiGMOL going to be made to use the fucking system as it was intended and not how they choose to implement it ?

Riley and his acolytes need to be made to do as instructed or fucked off totally.

Yes there was a penalty, yes VAR is sh*t. But we just can blame it anymore... We need to face it, we just play bad. I don’t know what the problem is, but we had this game 2:1. We just couldn’t hold the ball. Palace had 3 shots on target and 2 goals... ffs! Pep need to change something, maybe sign some players... For me Mahrez had to start... also we should really fix our defense before the RM game...
Just because we didn't play well does not excuse var decisions that we don't get when our rivals do,it's a mixture this season,aside from the dippers every fan base sings fuck var,i was very for it but it's taking corruption to a whole new level

But lets say it doesn't matter eh

What has become clear to me after today's result is that it is clear that VAR takes the excitement out for football, for me at least. And by VAR I want to be very clear, it is not the technology I have an issue with, it is the inconsistent use of and cloak and dagger hidden decision making process. They're officiating the game from behind a TV screen, changing the rules game by game and taking our money for the trouble.

The highs aren't as high, the but the lows aren't as low either. If we'd have dropped points against palace last season or the season before, I'd be annoyed for days. Today, not helped by a patchy city performance admittedly, but when that VAR call for the penalty was made I just switched off emotionally from what was going on.

And that's what is annoying me more than the result. It's a really sad state of affairs when you can't enjoy a two goal comeback, ok I didn't know at the time it wasn't going to be enough, but I just felt, unattached.

That's our modern game. That's football. They had a golden goose and they've bloody well plucked it bare. And let's be clear again,it isn't the technology, it's the humans using that technology.

I hate VAR and want it gone but today's penalty just isn't a penalty.

HANDLING THE BALL

It is an offence if a player:
  • deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball
  • gains possession/control of the ball after it has touched their hand/arm and then:
    • scores in the opponents’ goal
    • creates a goal-scoring opportunity
  • scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper
It is usually an offence if a player:

• touches the ball with their hand/arm when:
    • the hand/arm has made their body unnaturally bigger
    • the hand/arm is above/beyond their shoulder level (unless the player deliberately plays the ball which then touches their hand/arm)
The above offences apply even if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close.

Except for the above offences, it is not usually an offence if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm:

• directly from the player’s own head or body (including the foot)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.