Crystal Palace (H) - Post Match

So you don't think Txiki should be asking Pep "What are you going to do about this defence Pep?. It's not good"?

I'd expect a DoF to ask that, whether or not the coach was his mate or he'd won 3 trophies last season. Now I'd also expect part of the answer to be something like "Well my best centre back is injured and my two others aren't really reliable enough. I need another 2 by next season". But the simple and unanswerable fact is that we've clawed back a deficit twice now then failed to stop mediocre opposition from scoring almost straight away. As a DoF I'd be asking the question why.

Yes dead right. This squad is not much different from when pep took over at all. Arguably it is worse. If pep goes at the end of next season he may not be leaving much of a legacy? Is it harsh to say that. This team today would get mullered by the 2012 team with tevez. Peak yaya and silva and vinny and zab.

Pep said he wished he had 11 Fernandinhos, but wtf does he know?!

He is, and has been for YEARS, one of the best players to wear the uniform. If he was white, from Manchester, and had a social media presence, he would be a City poster child, have the keys to the city already, and be talked about in the same hushed tones as Colin Bell. His quiet, almost silent, effectiveness is brilliance personified. He is the footballing equivalent of an SAS soldier...with a ready smile.

I’m gutted he got the OG, esp considering the forward wouldn’t have got to it, but even if you said he cost us 2 pts today (which is patently ridiculous), he is still about 100 pts in credit.

For me, he is simply the finest DM (and converted CB) in the League and has been since Makekele introduced its magic to the League.

Love is a strong word for a middle-aged married man to use in discussing another man, but in footballing terms, I love this man.
Same here, dude. I remember when he was bought, a closet red I used to speak too ridiculed his price tag. Funnily enough, United then went and paid the same amount for Fellaini. Anyway, since then he's rarely put a foot wrong and shown some genuine class and skill playing in his position.

So you don't think Txiki should be asking Pep "What are you going to do about this defence Pep?. It's not good"?

I'd expect a DoF to ask that, whether or not the coach was his mate or he'd won 3 trophies last season. Now I'd also expect part of the answer to be something like "Well my best centre back is injured and my two others aren't really reliable enough. I need another 2 by next season". But the simple and unanswerable fact is that we've clawed back a deficit twice now then failed to stop mediocre opposition from scoring almost straight away. As a DoF I'd be asking the question why.

And Guardiola could justifiably say he needed them at the start of this season.

Yes dead right. This squad is not much different from when pep took over at all. Arguably it is worse. If pep goes at the end of next season he may not be leaving much of a legacy? Is it harsh to say that. This team today would get mullered by the 2012 team with tevez. Peak yaya and silva and vinny and zab.
If you put Laporte in it wouldn't. Think about the team we had last season. That's the squad we have now with David Silva getting on maybe but he wouldn't start a first choice City team this season.

We need to sort the defence out but I can see City winning both Cups again. Real madrid is 50/50 for me. Again we are going to need Laporte in the side as we can't defend one on one without him.

Sterling has been underperforming for a long time now as have a few others, fernandinho is class and the next best thing we have to a Kompany, he is a leader and has performed well even though he has played out of position all season

Good crowd today but I reckon a lot of regulars passed on their SCs on or put their seats on the ticket exchange. Loads of seat / row bingo for the first 10-15 minutes.
A guy in front of me (Arabic) in 315 spent most of the game trying to film the match and share with friends or family.. half the time he was streaming us as we were behind him... got right on my knockers

You seem quite unstable. Take the time to calm down before you say anything else that reflects badly on yourself.
Oh no please carry on, you're on a roll.
You're even shit at trying to patronise me. I just can't believe the bullshit coming from you.
But you obviously think you are far superior to me so as you were.

I think he'd say he's been without his first choice central defence for most of the season, and doesn't have the players in the squad to make it work. We had a similar scenario in his first season. This time we have the players in the squad but they have both been injured. Stones plays two games, then misses two games and has constant changes of partner. City need stability in central defence and unlike others I don't rate Fernadinho as a central defender. That's an emergency move not a desired move.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.