Bring the Noise

Thought with the sound issue at the ground today the South stand had what they wanted for a while, none of the usual build up stopping songs, so time to get singing - seemed to be lost. What were the A4 bits of paper about?

Sorry, but need to get this off my chest. I understand fans having a moan after the game on the radio, in the pub or on a forum like this, but I’m getting really frustrated by those fans digging out players/ the team in the stadium. In my opinion there are too many fans who appear to spend the majority of the game having a go at the team or an individual player. I heard one shout “f off sterling” at the top of his voice when he missed a pass... he’s not alone- lots of “fans” shout abuse at players- mainly the likes of Mendy Stones and Sterling but I also regularly hear people digging Silva or Agüero for making mistakes.

I know people pay their money and some would say they have a right to voice their anger/ frustration but it appears some just turn up to rage at the team. If someone was stood Behind anyone at work shouting abuse to them all day I’m pretty sure that would affect their performance! The way I feel, if you could be negatively affecting the performance of our players then you are in essence supporting the other team. For me, those of us who are at the game are in a privileged position, where we have the ability to influence the game (referee/ players) and we need to use this to help the team.

I know this isn’t everyone- the majority are fabulous supporters of the team but if you’re one of the fans who shout abuse at our players, please have a think and try to be supportive at the game- save your frustrations for after the game.

If people feel I’m out of order then I’m sorry but I just feel it needed saying.

Absolutely spot on. Today, we would have been down to a 5-a-side team if it was down to the computer Football Managers around me. Best comment of the day was regarding Mendy,

Village Idiot 'Its all about levels and he ain't got levels. Know what I'm saying, no levels. Shouldn't be anywhere near this team'

5 minutes later VI - Aguero header - 'That's what I'm talking about Mendy, man's got a laser for a left foot'

I'll tell you what kid, stick to watching You Tube and let's get some real fans back in the ground. Not some self entitled lunatics. We're second in the league, 3 Cups to play for, give your head a wobble numb nuts.

Not sure about bring the noise, bring the fans would help for a start?

How often do we get a Saturday 3pm home kick-off?

There are plenty who have seemingly decided the season is already over because we can't win the league.

It's not the foreign fans staying away either, they are attending, regardless, probably making a weekend of it?

Every second voice I overhear seems to be Spanish and Chinese.

It's the locals, loads of regulars around me not taking their seats of late.

Sorry, but need to get this off my chest. I understand fans having a moan after the game on the radio, in the pub or on a forum like this, but I’m getting really frustrated by those fans digging out players/ the team in the stadium. In my opinion there are too many fans who appear to spend the majority of the game having a go at the team or an individual player. I heard one shout “f off sterling” at the top of his voice when he missed a pass... he’s not alone- lots of “fans” shout abuse at players- mainly the likes of Mendy Stones and Sterling but I also regularly hear people digging Silva or Agüero for making mistakes.

I know people pay their money and some would say they have a right to voice their anger/ frustration but it appears some just turn up to rage at the team. If someone was stood Behind anyone at work shouting abuse to them all day I’m pretty sure that would affect their performance! The way I feel, if you could be negatively affecting the performance of our players then you are in essence supporting the other team. For me, those of us who are at the game are in a privileged position, where we have the ability to influence the game (referee/ players) and we need to use this to help the team.

I know this isn’t everyone- the majority are fabulous supporters of the team but if you’re one of the fans who shout abuse at our players, please have a think and try to be supportive at the game- save your frustrations for after the game.

If people feel I’m out of order then I’m sorry but I just feel it needed saying.
It’s never nice to be sat near some moaning cvnt who sees everything with a negative slant and is constantly slagging off our players and you do find yourself thinking Jesus how did this miserable fucker cope with things when we were rubbish. That said, having a moan and groan at players when they make a mistake is part of the very fabric of a match day for me although obviously there are lines that shouldn’t be crossed. Some players merit it more than others. I don’t think criticising players and being supportive of the team are mutually exclusive states.

Were the bits of paper something to do with VAR?

As there was no sound today from the club we all said great we will be able to hear the ‘singing groups’.

I’ve made an appointment to have my ears tested on Monday as I’ve decided I must be going deaf!!!

They pay their money, they can have their opinion, in my 30+ years watching city we have always been moaning fuckers in the stands.

Feel free to moan, but also get behind your team, sing and chant that is what I do, bit I reserve the right to call a palyer a fucking idiot when they are one.

Last edited:
May aswell have had no fans in the ground. No noise at all. Other then Leicester it’s been atrocious all season

What I found so annoying was the so called kippax corner. Sang maybe twice all game. The first time to sing about Dzeko and the second about united

At 1-0 why on earth would they think singing about united be helpful. Why not sing something people will join in with ?

I’m finding the whole match day experience difficult. No different to sitting at home at times

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.