Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His best game for us in a long time. Looking fitter and great cross for the second goal.
Thought his last game was better. He dilly dallied on some crosses today, and lots didn't come off. But the final one to Aguero was good. Not his best game but he did well

Mendy always crosses first time if theres an option. When he stops it's because theres no one in the box.
Not today. On a few occasions in the 2nd he hesitated for reasons other than there being options in the box. They were there and he just didn't deliver the ball

Can I just ask do you think their goals weren’t defensive blunders? Do you think Mendy is doing better than Delph or Zinchenko in the last two seasons?
This is a thread about Mendy, why are you talking about our defense as a whole, when quite clearly it has not been as good as last season due to the loss of Laporte.

Mendy is one of the best left backs in the world when tasked with being wide.

Zinchenko is better as an inverted leftback, but not what we need due to our lack of width, he cannot do what Mendy does.

Mendy is a better defender than both.

This is a thread about Mendy, why are you talking about our defense as a whole, when quite clearly it has not been as good as last season due to the loss of Laporte.

Mendy is one of the best left backs in the world when tasked with being wide.

Zinchenko is better as an inverted leftback, but not what we need due to our lack of width, he cannot do what Mendy does.

Mendy is a better defender than both.
1. I mentioned the whole defence in response to another poster.
2. Laporte alone won’t solve our issues, naive to suggest he will. We’ve lost VK, Laporte, Danilo and Zinchenko from last year due to injury or sale. Our defence has suffered beyond Laportes absence.
3. Why is Mendy one of the best left backs in the world. Be honest he has done very very little in a city shirt and had an okay season in the CL for Monaco. He’s miles behind Robertson, alaba, Alba.
4. Zinchenko’s record at LB for us is superior look how many games he’s lost playing on. AND he’s not a lb. to be able to debate is he better than Mendy says everything.

1. I mentioned the whole defence in response to another poster.
2. Laporte alone won’t solve our issues, naive to suggest he will. We’ve lost VK, Laporte, Danilo and Zinchenko from last year due to injury or sale. Our defence has suffered beyond Laportes absence.
3. Why is Mendy one of the best left backs in the world. Be honest he has done very very little in a city shirt and had an okay season in the CL for Monaco. He’s miles behind Robertson, alaba, Alba.
4. Zinchenko’s record at LB for us is superior look how many games he’s lost playing on. AND he’s not a lb. to be able to debate is he better than Mendy says everything.

1. Van Dijk came in and solved Liverpools defensive issues. Laporte came in and solved many of our problems as well.
2. Zinchenko played WITH LAPORTE last season, when looking at their actual defending its clear Zinchenko isn't fully right there, he's okay, but Mendy is better and his whole body is better suited for it as well.
3. Mendy has been injured, and is coming back from injury, other than one mistake against Wolves he has been great coming back. Before his injuries he was also phenomenal for us, we bought him for a reason, his crossing ability is amazing, and he has power and pace.

I am starting to think you are probably not a troll, but hopefully you understand now why Mendy is an asset to City, and how important Laporte was for us.

1. Van Dijk came in and solved Liverpools defensive issues. Laporte came in and solved many of our problems as well.
2. Zinchenko played WITH LAPORTE last season, when looking at their actual defending its clear Zinchenko isn't fully right there, he's okay, but Mendy is better and his whole body is better suited for it as well.
3. Mendy has been injured, and is coming back from injury, other than one mistake against Wolves he has been great coming back. Before his injuries he was also phenomenal for us, we bought him for a reason, his crossing ability is amazing, and he has power and pace.

I am starting to think you are probably not a troll, but hopefully you understand now why Mendy is an asset to City, and how important Laporte was for us.
Mendy VS Newcastle? VVD went in next to two class fullbacks. Laporte won’t be. Laporte and Zinchenko worked as you say so that’s a good option no? As with Walker over Cancelo?

Laporte and Mendy have hardly been fit at the same time. I reckon given a run of games together by next season they’ll form a very good left side of our defence and improve our attack. I also think we have the right backs that with the right right sided centre back bought in the summer we can solve our defensive problems next season, with just the cost of a good right sided cb.

Mendy VS Newcastle? VVD went in next to two class fullbacks. Laporte won’t be. Laporte and Zinchenko worked as you say so that’s a good option no? As with Walker over Cancelo?
You can't pick one game and say a player is bad because he wasn't great in that one game, not to mention he was coming back from injury over 2 years so he wasn't even fit.

Liverpools fullbacks are not known for there defending, if you think Van Dijk is aided by there defending your wrong, its HIS ability that lets them attack more and not defend as much, they improved because of him.

Laporte and Zinchenko worked well I know, but clearly I was referring to how Mendy hasn't played with Laporte so its unfair to blame Mendy for defensive issues without playing with our best defender. Zinchenko can only play if another player plays wide left (Sane), we don't have that so the fullback must do it and Zinchenko is not a wingback.

What does Walker and Cancelo have to do about this? Come on man... I'm tired of explaining obvious things over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.