#27 | João Cancelo - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ we’ve wasted some money on shit defenders but this lad takes the biscuit. He’s so weak and gets bullied so easily

He was okay in the first half but then calamitous in the second. It’s as if he’d suddenly been told to play everything faster and to take extra risks, with nothing then going right for him and he himself becoming increasingly exasperated and desperate in his selections. Another example of players not getting enough game time and then being expected to turn it on every now and again.
Bad 2nd half, but wouldn't write him off because Walker can have those every now and then as well.

I am really curious though, it was a weird 2nd half by him, something must have happened I think/or he was told something.

Anyways, personally thought Pep should have 3-4-3 and let him be wide more.

Mindboggling how Pep chose Walker over Cancelo given that Palace's only threat is playing LW. Walker would've probably been there at Palace's second goal.

Bad 2nd half, but wouldn't write him off because Walker can have those every now and then as well.

I am really curious though, it was a weird 2nd half by him, something must have happened I think/or he was told something.

Anyways, personally thought Pep should have 3-4-3 and let him be wide more.

As I said, I can only suppose that he was told at half time to speed up play. In the second half, you could see that he was getting more frustrated with every thing he did that didn’t come off, which was reminiscent of his Everton performance. He’s a talented lad but one who hasn’t demonstrated consistent match fitness since he arrived. Maybe he came too late and is just slow in adapting.

Getting rid of Danilo to bring in Cancelo was such a random decision. We were lacking big time with the departure of Kompany but we didn't sign a centre half. Instead we got rid of a very solid versatile back up full back who was solid going forward and at defending for a fullback who despite being decent at going forward, doesn't have a defensive bone in his body.

He's no defender that's for sure. Can put in an odd good ball. We do buy some average fare. Walker had to play today .Mind boggling decision not to. This chap will always be a liability defensively. He wasn't any cop at it anywhere else either so we did or at least we should have known what we were getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.