2012 Team v Present Team

Depends what mood this side turned up in.

I could see this side getting off to a great start, passing it around and dominating possession but then the 2012 side win a corner and with their first attempt it the game its 1-0 with a header from Lescott.

It’s then a non stop barrage from the 2019 team to get it back but they have 16 attempts with only one on target and 12 corners that don’t beat the first man.

Eventually DeBruyne conjures up a bit of magic when Kolorov is dawdling and plays a pass no one can cut out and Aguero taps it in. 1-1.

Unfortunately for this team, Fern commits once tactical foul too many and after a final warning, Pep subs him for Stones.

To exploit this, Mancini throws on fresh out of jail Adam Johnson, much to the dismay of the junior blues and in the 90th minute a dazzling run from him leads to a dangerous free kick which Yaya bangs in and it 2-1 and game over.

It's just a bit of fun. Why does everybody have to be so serious and slate one another when we lose?

I ain't slating anyone, make a thread like this my response is this thread wouldn't exist if we were top and on a 21 game unbeaten run.

In my opinion.

I ain't slating anyone, maje a tgread like this my response is this thread wouldn't exist if we were top and on a 21 game unbeaten run.

In my opinion.
I'm not saying your slating everybody I meant posters in general if you read through the post match Palace thread there's nothing but arguing.
This thread was started just as a bit of fun and discussion of who they would prefer in their prime, It was mentioned in a thread today do thought I'd bring it up that's all. It wasn't started just because of the result today mate.

The Mancini (2012) team won one FA Cup and one League Championship. It never made it out of the Group Stages of the CL.

The Guardiola (2019) team won a domestic quadruple in 2018-19 and a double in 2017-18. Also more progress in CL.

In between the Pellegrini (2014) team also progressed to the KO stages of the CL including a SF appearance as well as a domestic double in 2013-14.

It looks like progress to me.

I'm not saying your slating everybody I meant posters in general if you read through the post match Palace thread there's nothing but arguing.
This thread was started just as a bit of fun and discussion of who they would prefer in their prime, It was mentioned in a thread today do thought I'd bring it up that's all. It wasn't started just because of the result today mate.

Fair enough, probably not the thread for me to be moaning at then, as it was move for levity than anything else.

Just sick of stupidity from some blues every time we lose, the pile on stones has had on social media is predictibly pathetic, I remeber whe we were not so knee jerky and laughed at bad results.

Fair enough, probably not the thread for me to be moaning at then, as it was move for levity than anything else.

Just sick of stupidity from some blues every time we lose, the pile on stones has had on social media is predictibly pathetic, I remeber whe we were not so knee jerky and laughed at bad results.
I'll advise you to stay clear of the Palace post match thread it's a little heated there :)
We'll dust ourselves down and get back on track midweek...

The current side comfortably.

The 2012 team could hardly win a game away from home after November.

Poor team selections plus injuries have cost us this season.

Current side if you put the best XI out. I wouldn't start Fern or Sane as the OP did. I also think our squad depth is much better now - although we have one glaring problem which we know about.

Doesn't the points accrued by the current squad settle the argument?

I think City fans are looking at this side with a glaring weakness at centre back and forgetting the impact of repairing that. Unlike others I don't see why Laporte and Stones can't recapture last seasons form. I am hopeful they will.

You should all be supporting Stones, not seeking to bury him for he has proven to be a top defender and has it in him. He needs to get fit and get his confidence back.
Top defenders do it week in week out season after season. Stones is hit n miss. He doesn’t have it mentally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.