John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He isn't better than nico ,he is a solid no nonsense defender,it he can't keep up he takes them out,john is the same every game,backs off until it'ss too late

It's rare i get to the point where i really want a player to go,i have supported john as the off pitch things can happen to anyone but no more

Giving him a new contract will be a bad thing to do,when eric is back i would have him 4th choice
Didn’t he cheat on his childhood sweetheart/mother of his child? It’s not like it was a freak accident.

I obviously don’t know him or his situation but even with this it’s difficult to have too much sympathy. If you’re going to do that kind of stuff at least be a professional and don’t let it affect your work.

Last edited:
Most modern day defenders back away from there man (which never works) & invite them into the box. Stones is probably the most inviting of them all & it's so frustrating to watch, the ball was there for the taking. He defends like Michael Ball hes constantly running away.

Most modern day defenders back away from there man (which never works) & invite them into the box. Stones is probably the most inviting of them all & it's so frustrating to watch, the ball was there for the taking. He defends like Michael Ball hes constantly running away.
He is very like Michael Ball in that regard I agree.

All style no substance. Weak, lazy and generally not up to it. I’ve lost interest in the(many) reasons she’s been shit for 18 months

If he wasn’t English he would have been sold. He’s got Arsenal or West Ham written all over him. He’s not the player we bought, it thought we were buying. Not got better in 3 years - at least Otamendi gets stuck in and gets his shorts dirty. Stones is a wimp

Weird thing was, he was poor for Everton the season before. Yet spunked £47m on him. Sums up our defensive scouting. How about signing defenders that actually look good? Instead of banking on Guardiola to transform a player, like they did with Stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.