Var debate 2019/20

I hate VAR and want it gone but today's penalty just isn't a penalty.

HANDLING THE BALL

It is an offence if a player:
  • deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball
  • gains possession/control of the ball after it has touched their hand/arm and then:
    • scores in the opponents’ goal
    • creates a goal-scoring opportunity
  • scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper
It is usually an offence if a player:

• touches the ball with their hand/arm when:
    • the hand/arm has made their body unnaturally bigger
    • the hand/arm is above/beyond their shoulder level (unless the player deliberately plays the ball which then touches their hand/arm)
The above offences apply even if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close.

Except for the above offences, it is not usually an offence if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm:

• directly from the player’s own head or body (including the foot)
Why was our winning goal v Spurs ruled out then ? None of that applies if you’re Liverpool

We haven't, but we've been told an equally farcical version.

If the ball accidentally hits a DEFENDER's arm - no pen.
If the ball accidentally hit an ATTACKER's arm - no goal.

So, 2 players, standing side by side, adhering to 2 different laws. Absolutely farcical.
Accidental handball can still be awarded as a penalty if the arm is in an unnatural place , makes the body wider. So if the ref today awarded that a pen, why does the VAR ref overrule it? As clearly that is not a clear and obvious error? Either the people.in stockley Park don't know the rules and are incompetant. Or they are corrupt.

HANDLING THE BALL

• deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball
  • gains possession/control of the ball after it has touched their hand/arm and then:
  • scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper

• the hand/arm is above/beyond their shoulder level (unless the player deliberately plays the ball which then touches their hand/arm)
The above offences apply even if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close.

Except for the above offences, it is not usually an offence if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm:

Before I get slaughtered for this I want to add to that I'm a referee in schoolboy football. When we done the seminar last September on the law change with regards handball we were shown around 10 examples similar or even more obvious than today's and at least 95% of the room said they would award penalties in all the examples. Under last season's laws that would have been given but under the latest laws it is the correct decision.

Why was our winning goal v Spurs ruled out then ? None of that applies if you’re Liverpool

The winner against Spurs was farcical, I have said that else where that the VAR guys getting out microscopes to find reasons to rule out goals is not in the spirit of the game.

If you can show me an example Liverpool of being awarded a penalty (this season) after a defender deflected the ball on to his own hand or arm then I will donate £50 to a charity of your choice.

Accidental handball can still be awarded as a penalty if the arm is in an unnatural place , makes the body wider. So if the ref today awarded that a pen, why does the VAR ref overrule it? As clearly that is not a clear and obvious error? Either the people.in stockley Park don't know the rules and are incompetant. Or they are corrupt.

Or a combination of all three , but if pushed I would say the last option - as a £9 note .

The winner against Spurs was farcical, I have said that else where that the VAR guys getting out microscopes to find reasons to rule out goals is not in the spirit of the game.

If you can show me an example Liverpool of being awarded a penalty (this season) after a defender deflected the ball on to his own hand or arm then I will donate £50 to a charity of your choice.
It’s not what they are awarded , it’s what teams playing them are NOT awarded, that’s where the cheating lies

HANDLING THE BALL

What would we do without you telling us we are wrong on different threads,spurs fan you say...

Before I get slaughtered for this I want to add to that I'm a referee in schoolboy football. When we done the seminar last September on the law change with regards handball we were shown around 10 examples similar or even more obvious than today's and at least 95% of the room said they would award penalties in all the examples. Under last season's laws that would have been given but under the latest laws it is the correct decision.
Accidental handball can still be awarded as a pen if the hand is in an unnatural position. The Palace player had his arm out horizontally surely that is unnatural??

Accidental handball can still be awarded as a pen if the hand is in an unnatural position. The Palace player had his arm out horizontally surely that is unnatural??

You could virtually catch it and it wouldn't be given if it was deflected off your own body. The position of the arms is irrelevant in these circumstances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.