Crystal Palace (H) - Post Match

Think I'll log off...
Indeed Sky Blue. Too many knee jerk, entitled opinions on here.
We have the potential for a great season still. It is possible for other teams to play well and we just have to deal with the fact the league has gone. So what? Why not focus more on what can still be achieved?
As for today? Well I think we weren’t bad against a well organised team and City should have won the game. As many have said I’m really surprised Pep did not start Walker and Mahrez. Walker to deal with Zaha and provide some drive and Mahrez to attack the LB who I’ve never heard of. Final nails in the coffin were the catastrophic defending for the first where fuck knows what KDB was doing and same for Cancelo for the second - what the fuck was he charging upfield for? That suggests a serious lack of game intelligence. As for Stones, the really good CBs your VK or Laporte or VVD
get the tackle in at the right time not shy away from making any challenge - but Cancelo did leave him in the shit.
Never mind, lot more to play for and winning the next 4 would be fab.

Reactions: SVP
I don't feel as angry now, just disappointed(ha), we're not getting back into a title race. I don't think it's entitlement that's causing people to react, it's because at this rate the points gap to Liverpool is going to be an embarrassment. No fan of Liverpool at all but there's no way they ship either of those goals we did today.

We gave Palace something to hang onto, had they not had that, I think it would have been a routine win.

You don't get scape goated if its a one off. John ain't elite, not his fault but the club need to move on in the Summer for both our sakes.

Regardless of stones failings prior, for me today some are using what happened at the end because they are reluctant to say Pep fucked up form the start with reverting backcto a formation we have been exposed at with kompany and laporte misisng, his insistance on using gundo when today in the first half he was not great.
Not hooking sterling who was awful again.
Not staring with mahrez when hsle is on top form.
Not giving garcia another srart

Last edited:
As it turns out we aren’t gonna win the league so it doesn’t really matter that much but the team and formation today was madness

The formation and midfield that we played today is the single most reason we have dropped points on a regular basis since September

I thought we were over it. I thought we were spending the next few months experimenting, and it was going well. What possessed him to change what had been working?

I think if we lose to Madrid then we should seriously think about a change of direction, all great managers eventually lose their edge and run out of ideas. Not playing 3 at the back and not giving Foden and Garcia more minutes is bordering on sheer stubborness.

I think if we lose to Madrid then we should seriously think about a change of direction, all great managers eventually lose their edge and run out of ideas. Not playing 3 at the back and not giving Foden and Garcia more minutes is bordering on sheer stubborness.
Agreed, but you'll get slated for that mate.

giphy.gif

“Pep out”?

I agree with the wider point. We are 20 points behind l, if we can’t play Foden and Garcia when nothing is on the line then when can we? I think Pep is more interested in keeping the dressing room I.e Gundogen, D.Silva, Stones etc happy rather than anything else

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.