Bring the Noise

Agreed. Today there were lots of new fans, certainly near me. No singing. Lots of photographs. Lots of big bags of merchandise. I'm the biggest optimist in the world but today a bit of my optimism died. I want noise, I want passion, I want lads and lasses that work all week and then want to be entertained by our boys in blue. But alas, I fear my time is coming to an end. Silence is spreading across the ground. Groans and moans if we don't score after 30 seconds. It's frightening and it's sucking the life out of the enjoyment in the game. I'll keep going and singing and shouting, but I'm becoming part of the dying breed. It's sad, very sad.

Despite the great football (in the main) over the last few years I’m just not enjoying going to the match anymore. Maybe is where I am in my life and I’ll pick it up again in a few years? I won’t be renewing next season

The south stand singing section are non existent most games, maybe a group in 114/115 are there singing about edin, but 116-118 don't join in and so the effort isn't heard.

119-120 do a bit of singing but were quiet today.

Rest of the lower tier don't bother and the other two tiers probably do sing but the acoustics in the ground are shite and you don't notice where I am

Last edited:
Again staggering to see people leave 10-15 ?minutes before the end.
Loads of tourists near me again today with no clue as to where they sit.
And what happened to hugh ferris today?

The south stand singing section are non existent most games, maybe a group in 114/115 are there singing about edin, but 116-118 don't join in and so the effort isn't heard.

119-120 do a bit of singing but ere quiet today.

Rest of the lower tier din't bothr and the other two tiers probably do sing but the acoustics in the ground are shite and you don't notice where I am

100% agree

I find the choice of songs in particular strange. There’s just an obsession from a small group in the south stand with singing about Dzeko...... even though no one else joins in

116-118 who are also in the south stand make no noise at all, which in itself makes no sense. Why does barely anyone in those blocks sing ? Right next to 115 / the away fans aswell

Last edited:
Despite the great football (in the main) over the last few years I’m just not enjoying going to the match anymore. Maybe is where I am in my life and I’ll pick it up again in a few years? I won’t be renewing next season
Do you mind me asking why your not enjoying it anymore? I felt the same not so long ago even though I found myself watching the best football I've ever seen City playing I just wasnt enjoying the whole matchday experience.

Do you mind me asking why your not enjoying it anymore? I felt the same not so long ago even though I found myself watching the best football I've ever seen City playing I just wasnt enjoying the whole matchday experience.

A lot of it is not making a day of it anymore. Long gone are the times I could go drinking before and/or after the match with my mates. A lot of the time Im travelling in on my own, watching the game and travelling back. Seems more of a chore these days. I sacked it off today and watched it on a stream at home, only 90mins out of my day. Part of having a young family at home I suppose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.