Changing the formation every week

Great thread this, this is the main reason why our form has been so inconsistent, several changes to the team every fucking week. We never have a settled backline, full backs changing all the time, Stones or Otamendi in the centre, Pep has no idea who the best option is there. Midfield pretty much the same, Pep's obsession with trying to shoehorn Gundogan in to every starting eleven has also been poor, Foden does well when he starts but oh no it's Gundogan every time.
Sterling coming back in today was another poor choice, like others have said he's done nothing this last couple of months to get in the starting eleven.
This tinkerman stuff needs to stop, they're professional athletes who should be able to play two or three times a week, only when we have a big injury list should changes be made.

I found a couple of decisions strange today.

The first being Mahrez not playing. Surely if you are going to rotate then you look at Sheff Utd away as maybe not being a game for Mahrez whereas today, knowing how these would set up, was perfect for him. Even if he wanted to play Sterling, he could have left either David Silva or Bernando on the bench.

The second was not playing Walker against realistically their only threat. Leaving a weak Stones and an iffy defensive player in Cancelo against him was dangerous and it backfired.

I found a couple of decisions strange today.

The first being Mahrez not playing. Surely if you are going to rotate then you look at Sheff Utd away as maybe not being a game for Mahrez whereas today, knowing how these would set up, was perfect for him. Even if he wanted to play Sterling, he could have left either David Silva or Bernando on the bench.

The second was not playing Walker against realistically their only threat.
Leaving a weak Stones and an iffy defensive player in Cancelo against him was dangerous and it backfired.

I was really confused by this decision at first I thought he must have been injured or something. Last time we played them Walker had Zaha on lockdown. Some of Peps selections and subs are crazy for such a superb manager.

I thought Mahrez was our best player at both United and Villa, but today he was rested.

Only time will tell, but will there ever come a time when you can complain about a City performance without ssomebody calling you a clown/ or flapper, or a tedious irrelevant reference to the days of Macclesfield or York (and yes I was at both)?

I hope Pep has the sense to drop Sterling and Mendy and get back to our best line up.

Agreed. Players like Mahrez, Rodrigo, and foden and Jesus have earned the right to play. What has sterling done lately to earn the right to play 80mins especially when he was so poor. I love pep but he’s a little arrogant to think we can just swap players around and think we can keep the standards we’ve been at the last two games.
Probably the fact that our top scorer maybe deserves the chance to play himself back into form.

Nothing makes sense this season.

im more concerned we don’t seem to have a plan moving into next season. I wouldn’t mind the changes if it meant the kids were getting time but their not.

Im really not sure what next season holds & I’m not sure pep does

I think we have too big a squad and he is trying to keep them all happy and it's costing us. The best front 3 at the moment is jesus, kun and mahrez, with bernardo in place of dave.

I think we have too big a squad and he is trying to keep them all happy and it's costing us. The best front 3 at the moment is jesus, kun and mahrez, with bernardo in place of dave.
Our squad comprises 25 players, the same as everyone else’s.

the problem is that the squad has too much quality, so ends up in constant rotation to keep everyone happy. I think the amounts spent on back ups should be reduced to create more set in stone starting XI. This constant rotation does no one any favours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.