#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Phil is an incredible player but he still has things to improve. Sometimes it takes time to understand exactly what he has to do. Sometimes you have to be patient. Maybe Phil will have more minutes, or maybe less, I don't know. We trust Phil."

“The situation with Phil [Foden] is that he has played more minutes than Jack Grealish at Villa because of the guys in the same position as Phil and sometimes maybe it is the same with Jack Grealish..."

"Maybe the minutes he played were because three of four central defenders were injured. Sometimes it happens in this situation. The importance is the value of the credit and the way Phil has played has been incredible..."

"I think he has played well and enough minutes, but if we have many, many injuries in that position he will play more minutes, we know that."

“I would like to help the young players here in the same way, but this is a club that is so demanding. You have to win games. Even when you win four titles it isn't enough – and that is the truth. We won four titles last season and it wasn't enough..."

because we didn't win the Champions League. That is the reality – young players here have to compete against incredible defenders and midfielders. It is a tough reality that exceptional players like Phil Foden don't play the minutes they should..."

“Just look at the midfield at Old Trafford – they all played well. That is the truth here but, it depends on what they do. I have two eyes but Txiki and my coaches also watch the players. When someone is really special and they will have a chance.”

Pep Guardiola: "You have to respect the process with young guys because we have tendency in this country after two games to say ‘he’ll be the new Rooney, Beckham...' When the quality is there, for example Phil. More than 50 games so far at 19/20 - it’s remarkable."

"You need time to learn and it’s a bonus if you play some minutes or train. It’s about the right time and tempo. We have opportunities in Carabao Cup. Phil played against Sheffield United incredibly well. That's good for him and for the future."

Pep Guardiola: "You have to respect the process with young guys because we have tendency in this country after two games to say ‘he’ll be the new Rooney, Beckham...' When the quality is there, for example Phil. More than 50 games so far at 19/20 - it’s remarkable."

"You need time to learn and it’s a bonus if you play some minutes or train. It’s about the right time and tempo. We have opportunities in Carabao Cup. Phil played against Sheffield United incredibly well. That's good for him and for the future."
Why, again Pep, with the United references?!

PhilFoden on Pep Guardiola: "You honestly can't ask for a better manager. He's so demanding, even at such a young age, he wants a lot from me, that's what I love. He always wants to push me. He makes you a better player, the best you can be. I'm thankful..."

"He is a great guy, very down to earth. You can have a normal conversation. If he sees a weakness in someone's game, he will correct it straight away. I don't know how he sees so many things, he changes things a little and it makes a big difference..."

"That's why he is such a great coach. It's a pleasure working with him. So we've got Crystal Palace, he will have watched so many games, all defensive actions, all the attacking actions, so he can make it clear what we have to do in the game."

Any good reason why he wasn’t on the pitch today? There’s always Fulham in the cup, I suppose......

We will buy attacking midfielder. Saul from Atletico linked couple of days ago or so and interestingly, Saul follows City on Instagram. Could be that his time is done here in summer.

He will play against Fulham and get man of the match. Posters on here will then say what a great job pep is doing with him and he’s steadily developing

Fact is he’s sat on the bench pretty much every week and not developing. He can play amazing, like against port vale and then not play at all for a month.

He should move somewhere, play some football and get a proper run of games. David Silvas replacement would be starting more games in my opinion.

If the worst were to happen and he left. It would be a complete failure from pep and the club as he is more then good enough to ply for us. He’s not a youth player anymore and should be playing. Enough with the excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.