Bring the Noise

I guess the fact that league is gone has a huge implication, takes the edge off.

It’s been poor all season though - when we were very much in the title race.

And do we now only get behind the team if we are in a title race or we are winning ? Even when we are winning it’s crap

Last edited:
I was double delighted when Sergio put the second in as around 200 people had left the SS3 at 79 minutes. Absolute farce.

Pity about the equaliser.

Fact is we are spoiled , I stayed to the end and was one of a handful applauding Sergio for another masterclass , yes the Palace goal was a sickener but streams of people leaving immediately after it with 5 mins+ on the clock would not be repeated in many grounds after a decent fightback.

There’s probably a decent phd thesis in this somewhere to explain this fully , but I think what city fans have been through down the years has shaped our mentally into what it is today and leads to that sort of behaviour.

I’m struggling to think of a word to describe it. It’s not indifference, it’s not being blasé. Maybe someone else can put a word on it, and I wouldn’t call it being spoilt.

But think about it, is there another set of fans in world football who’ve experienced the highs and lows we’ve had over the last 20 years? Then throw in a load of tourists and new fans at the ground and it leads to this weird mix/atmosphere

Agreed. Today there were lots of new fans, certainly near me. No singing. Lots of photographs. Lots of big bags of merchandise. I'm the biggest optimist in the world but today a bit of my optimism died. I want noise, I want passion, I want lads and lasses that work all week and then want to be entertained by our boys in blue. But alas, I fear my time is coming to an end. Silence is spreading across the ground. Groans and moans if we don't score after 30 seconds. It's frightening and it's sucking the life out of the enjoyment in the game. I'll keep going and singing and shouting, but I'm becoming part of the dying breed. It's sad, very sad.
Amen to that

There’s probably a decent phd thesis in this somewhere to explain this fully , but I think what city fans have been through down the years has shaped our mentally into what it is today and leads to that sort of behaviour.

I’m struggling to think of a word to describe it. It’s not indifference, it’s not being blasé. Maybe someone else can put a word on it, and I wouldn’t call it being spoilt.

But think about it, is there another set of fans in world football who’ve experienced the highs and lows we’ve had over the last 20 years? Then throw in a load of tourists and new fans at the ground and it leads to this weird mix/atmosphere
I get you blue.. its called ermmm errrr mmmm .....

One Bluemooner has referred to our support as jaded a few times and I reckon that pretty much sums us up.

Nowt wrong with the tourists, at least they're staying until the end. Couple next to me (Italians) had a good day, tried to join in the occasional C'mon City! chants, Edin Dzeko song lost on them as even I struggled with that one at first. City really need a loyalty singer section points reward scheme - the louder they sing over 90 mins = reduction in their ticket price, win, win for us cheapskates!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.