Crystal Palace (H) - Post Match

Play like this v RM and we will get owned.
They will not be so kind, we MUST improve defensively. It’s unforgivable to concede such sloppy goals.

Apologies for not reading the full diatribe but I am still pissed off with moaning twats in 306 calling Pep a wanker! where do you sit?

No need to apologise just try harder in future. Least we agree on one thing anyone calling pep a wanker is indeed a twat.

Any permutation of our current defence can't win the Champions League. Stones looks shot to pieces, Ferdy is doing a game job but is not a proper centre back, Otamendi is well past his best. We are pinning everythng on Laporte coming back. The only chance we have is five at the back with a strong midfield screen. We are conceding a small number of chances each match but we just can't defend set pieces and are always being hit on the break. I can't believe we are not trying to buy someone this window. On today's showing Palace have better defenders than us.
Yeah easy when all 11 are behind the ball Put any of them in a team that tries all game to score goals then see how good they are
Our defenders spend as long as their defenders did in their half

Truth hurts doesn't it. Some people are born mardarses.

17016-happy-clappy-small-retro-badge-324x324.jpg

I get that as an argument until you look a bit deeper. Liverpool(spit) were very good last year and even better this year. Quite quickly we are now pretty far back in terms of points, commitment and consistency. Now being 2nd after the last couple of years is no disgrace and you shouldn’t part ways with a manager for not winning the league. However look at the gap, look at the challengers to 2nd Chelsea new manager transfer ban, Arsenal sacked manager drifting for years, Leicester wow, the scum one fuck up after another, spurs sacked manager no desire to spend.

Second doesn’t look that much of an achievement after getting 100 and 97 points. All year we have hovered around 2 points per game that usually is a top 4 battle. What big teams do we get in the cups and do they play their first eleven? Champions league in fairness we have been knocked out due to really poor defence. We are miles behind this year because of a really poor defence. Can pep sort this out? Maybe but how long is he here for anyhow. We have lost points to some pretty shite teams this season i was hoping the last few weeks was a change in outlook him now I’m not so sure.

It’s a tough call personally I would get him to commit or let him go in the summer.
Pep wants to be here next season and I hope it works out that way - maybe he'll stay a year or two longer than that. He does more than coach the team - he's implementing a club philosophy through all levels. If he was unhappy, he'd just go.

Last season, they finished with 25 points more than the season before, lost a pile of Ch League games but still won the thing. This season, they play well they win, they don't play so well and still win. Very few injuries to their regular key players. Ox-C is the only one with a serious injury history but he's not really part of their story yet. I'll be amazed if everything stays the same next season - all their top performers dominating for fun and never getting injured. Life ain't like that is it ?

I know it's a rarity, but I spoke to a relatively sensible Liverpool fan in the week, my new boss unfortunately!
He mentioned he was surprised how inconsistent City had been this season, so I posed him this scenario:

Imagine Lovren had gone to Klopp in the summer and said I'm retiring, and Liverpool said OK, then didn't replace him. Then at the start of August Firmino gets an injury that keeps him out for 7/8 months. Then at the beginning of September Van Dijk gets a 6 month injury. And during that period Klopp takes your best midfielder, Henderson or Wijnaldum and sticks him at centre back, effectively worsening the midfield. How do you think Liverpool would be doing this season?

His response.... they probably would be fighting for a top 4 spot.

Well that's just what has happened at City. Some of it our own fault, some just bad luck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.