Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Van Dijk came in and solved Liverpools defensive issues. Laporte came in and solved many of our problems as well.
2. Zinchenko played WITH LAPORTE last season, when looking at their actual defending its clear Zinchenko isn't fully right there, he's okay, but Mendy is better and his whole body is better suited for it as well.
3. Mendy has been injured, and is coming back from injury, other than one mistake against Wolves he has been great coming back. Before his injuries he was also phenomenal for us, we bought him for a reason, his crossing ability is amazing, and he has power and pace.

I am starting to think you are probably not a troll, but hopefully you understand now why Mendy is an asset to City, and how important Laporte was for us.
Defo not a troll I promise. We will have to disagree as Mendy looks as clumsy as mangala to me at times. Hasn’t got terrific pace, crosses no better than kolarov, no trick to speak of to beat a man and defensively suspect. It may be down to injury but he doesn’t fill me with any confidence whenever he plays.

Wrote him off after the Wolves brain fart be he's been decent ever since. Hopefully he can maintain this level and stay fit for the rest of the season.

A good cross for the goal but the 10 before that went nowhere
agree
wasteful

his performances have improved but he is so awkward on the ball, gets his body position all wrong when receiving the ball forcing him into passes which are easily readable at times (and then at other times makes excellent incisive passes like the ones into David Silva numerous times today). Infuriating player who could be so much better

I still think we need better (though who i dont know) as he remains a liability defensively and cant tackle or head a ball ( and for such a big guy its really strange that he is so physically weak in these areas)

Played 15 crosses today, 6 found a man, one assist. De Bruyne played 18, 6 found a man, no assist. If you’re more successful on the day than the best crosser of a football I’ve ever seen you can’t be doing that badly

I think some of those crosses were more like incisive passes (numerous into David Silva) - they were superb passes - however where he is wasteful is when he is crossing deeper into the middle of the box (the Kun goal aside)- dont know if anyone has noticed this but there seems to be a pattern where his first cross of every game seems to go way off target and far too deep and high!? Its like clockwork with him every game. Its like he forgets how hard/not hard to kick the ball and then remembers after the first attempt!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.