Crystal Palace (H) - Post Match

Defensively, we were poor.....in midfield we created little......Gundo did nothing.....Palace put their bodies on the line....
You could see so many things but simply, we were not good enough. The statistics do not lie ....we cannot keep clean sheets and it has been a problem for us all season.

Hes
Not much of an achievement something that’s never been done before ever sorry but fuck right off you dick
saying, quite rightly, that we've let our standards slip. That's a fact, not entitlement. I don't care if we come second, third or wherever as long as we're playing the best we can. And this season, the bottom team have put three past us and two teams you'd expect to be in mid-table have both put two past us. That's 5 in two seasons conceded against Palace at home.

Clearly your dad is a highly intelligent man. But if me and him can see it, why can't the people paid millions to manage and play? I've often said that we mere fans can often see things that the manager seems blind to.

Guess it's down to an individual error from Ederson, nowt Pep can do about that I guess. But fuck me, if I see a CL line up with Gunmissing in the middle I'm off home!

Hes

saying, quite rightly, that we've let our standards slip. That's a fact, not entitlement. I don't care if we come second, third or wherever as long as we're playing the best we can. And this season, the bottom team have put three past us and two teams you'd expect to be in mid-table have both put two past us. That's 5 in two seasons conceded against Palace at home.
It’s a funny old game

How about displaying a small amount of loyalty to our amazing Manager and Team.
Saddeneds me that our fanbase is now as entitled as the Rags and Dippers.
You mean like the loyalty the rags are showing to one of their former players who won them the CL? Loyalty doesn't come into it I'm afraid. As one of the world's leading teams, we need to keep moving forward and if that involves questioning Pep then that's what we need to do.

I don't know what other people aren't seeing, but if it wasn't for Fern since the start of this season, we would be around United's position in the table.

He is magnificent. His anticipation at the back gets us out of trouble time and again.

He saved us going two goals down when Ederson and Stones went walkies, getting his body in front of their player and earning a foul.

Rarely does he get beaten in a straight header, he's clearing lines, he joining up the midfield.

If we had two of him on the pitch, we would still be in the title race.

Defying age.
He's in the legend group now with Silva, Aguero, Yaya and Kompany for me. He is an absolutely terrific footballer.

A couple of years ago Pellegrini played him right wing. He was the best player on the pitch there. He's the best centre midfielder we've had in years - by which I mean a proper old fashioned do it all centre mid. He's filled in at full back and been as good as £50m options there at times and now he's better than every other centre half at the club other than Laporte who is literally top 5 in the world.
He's one of the best passers we have, he sees danger before anyone else, he heads the ball better than anyone else and he's one of only 2 or 3 who can put his foot in that we currently have.
He'd play for any team in any era.

He's also a player who is quite easy to take for granted. The comment about having 2 of him is spot on.

I think if we lose to Madrid then we should seriously think about a change of direction, all great managers eventually lose their edge and run out of ideas. Not playing 3 at the back and not giving Foden and Garcia more minutes is bordering on sheer stubborness.
Steve McLaren is available.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.