Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's there to control the tempo, not every player has to pass the ball very quickly right when they get it.

I can literally watch any player and find atleast 5 passes that I think they should do instead, picking the one pass at the last minute is reaching too much.
Why is it,he is an experienced player,he can see the big arse clock,don't pass sideways,every other player in the league can see you want it in the box

He is the reason reason we are slow in the middle,that takes away counter attacks

One could say the same about so many players when things don’t go well, but Gundogan wasn’t the reason we shipped two goals, or didn’t score more. He did his job today, and did it quite well. The problems lay elsewhere, but we are not supposed to talk badly about Silva, DeBruyne, or Sterling, so I’ll leave it there.
He was fucking shite today as was Silva and Sterling.
De bruyne was giving it everything and was by far our best player as per the whole season, deserves better tbf. His corners were shit but our team is full midgets and our only tall player is a complete pussy so not really a surprise.

Backs out of 50/50 tackles, dangles a leg when he'd be the favourite to win it if he goes in properly, always looking to go sideways or backwards, tracks back with the speed and enthusiasm of a 35 year old Yaya Toure. Actually capable of a good forward ball if he can summon up the courage to give it a go, but rarely does. Nasri but in holding midfield, which is as useful as it sounds

I’m not sure what you are expecting? He was okay today and when we really upped things second half he was helping keep moves going.
His limitations can be exposed especially when playing as part of a slow midfield but he’sclearly not as bad as you say.
Still playing him and David in the same team was a mistake

Played some absolutely cracking balls out to Mendy today, one or two with the outside of his foot were sublime. Aside from that he was his usual efficient self and kept us ticking. Let’s have it right, we didn’t fail to win today due to midfield shortcomings.

I’m an unashamed fanboy of his but I do agree with the guy who said that 50/50 challenges aren’t his forte and i suppose that’s not really acceptable. He’s not alone though, sadly for us probably half our team don’t fancy 50/50s

Dave wasn't on the field for their 2nd,kev is never a problem,raz is way out of form,gundy needed to pas the ball fowards in the last min not sideways,we missed out on a last chance because of it

Sorry Karen, we had 97 minutes to create chances but let's hang this guy out to dry 'cos he passed the ball 10 yards sideways at the end..

I was there today and a good half of the team were worse than him to be honest..

Raheem, out of form
Stones, did OK but not better than Gudogen
Bernardo, quiet game
Cancelo, average game
Eddy, didn't make a save but shipped 2 goals
David, neat n tidy but no end product

Sometimes we don't win and it's shit when we don't, but it's also a bit shit to dig (not aimed directly at you) City players out for not being good enough..

Our manager, who you would think would know a player, keeps selecting him..

I've seen some crap over the years kicking a ball around for us and this guy is far from shit in my opinion..!

Why is it,he is an experienced player,he can see the big arse clock,don't pass sideways,every other player in the league can see you want it in the box

He is the reason reason we are slow in the middle,that takes away counter attacks
How did the ball get to him in the last minute? Why didn't that player who gave it to him punt it up himself? And why are you not on that player's thread making this same claim?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.