Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave wasn't on the field for their 2nd,
So what? Does that mean he played well, or was ineffective when we were trying to claw our way back into the game, or simply that he is a legend and we can’t say anything about him?

kev is never a problem,
He was fairly anonymous, with the sole exception of the free kick. He has been off the pace a bit, but you’re willing to give him a pass, so there’s that. I will never fault his work ethic, but you could see how pissed he was at the end of the game.

raz is way out of form,gundy needed to pas the ball fowards in the last min not sideways,we missed out on a last chance because of it
He has reverted to what I had always said he was, even though he gets his share of far post tap ins. He is often a headless chicken when on the ball. He runs down blind alleys and is still making too many poor decisions when he has the ball, especially on the break. He misses more real chances than he scores at the moment.

Don’t get me wrong...love all three players, and in their day they walk into any team, and even some global select XIs, but too few and far in between recently, and our form has shown. None of them were the reason for the loss of the goals, but none of them did much to win the game for us, either.

He was fucking shite today as was Silva and Sterling.
De bruyne was giving it everything and was by far our best player as per the whole season, deserves better tbf. His corners were shit but our team is full midgets and our only tall player is a complete pussy so not really a surprise.
You’re taking this all too poorly to even address what little coherence you made. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Sorry Karen, we had 97 minutes to create chances but let's hang this guy out to dry 'cos he passed the ball 10 yards sideways at the end..

I was there today and a good half of the team were worse than him to be honest..

Raheem, out of form
Stones, did OK but not better than Gudogen
Bernardo, quiet game
Cancelo, average game
Eddy, didn't make a save but shipped 2 goals
David, neat n tidy but no end product

Sometimes we don't win and it's shit when we don't, but it's also a bit shit to dig (not aimed directly at you) City players out for not being good enough..

Our manager, who you would think would know a player, keeps selecting him..

I've seen some crap over the years kicking a ball around for us and this guy is far from shit in my opinion..!
Clearly we did not lose because of him,that lies elsewhere,my beef post match was we had one last chance and he didn't take it,instead went sideways,no need,even basic footballers would have lobbed it in,it's not rocket science

Gundog is not part of the attacking 5, he is the midfield anchor that moves the ball from side to side and looks for over the top or through ball opportunities when available.
Sorry but I still think hes average for our side, midfield anchors are supposed to be able to tackle a bit. That said our defence is worse than average so he's not doing too bad compared to some! ;-)

You’re taking this all too poorly to even address what little coherence you made. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
Maybe you get a different perspective watching on tv compared to watching live who knows but imo Gundogan was utter gash. De Bruyne was head and shoulders above everyone else as always.

So what? Does that mean he played well, or was ineffective when we were trying to claw our way back into the game, or simply that he is a legend and we can’t say anything about him?

He was fairly anonymous, with the sole exception of the free kick. He has been off the pace a bit, but you’re willing to give him a pass, so there’s that. I will never fault his work ethic, but you could see how pissed he was at the end of the game.

He has reverted to what I had always said he was, even though he gets his share of far post tap ins. He is often a headless chicken when on the ball. He runs down blind alleys and is still making too many poor decisions when he has the ball, especially on the break. He misses more real chances than he scores at the moment.

Don’t get me wrong...love all three players, and in their day they walk into any team, and even some global select XIs, but too few and far in between recently, and our form has shown. None of them were the reason for the loss of the goals, but none of them did much to win the game for us, either.

I do wonder if Kev could have moved out and played Tosun offside.

I thought at the ground Gundo was one of our better players and, having watched the whole game again at home, I still think that.
source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.