Crystal Palace (H) - Post Match

Just watched the highlights. Doesn’t look great for Stones with that second goal. Running away from the player like he always does. What is he actually doing on the training field? He’s no better now than when we signed him

Nah mate all the bald frauds fault. The mob want his head.

I thought the same during the game, why hoof it up. We are excellent at retaining it at the back.

Think Ederson got carried away with the play acting time wasting and wanted to show everyone how hard he could kick it. It was a poor kick and why we had so many players forward I have no idea. Still utterly terrible defending from Stones and Cancelo.

When Bayern got handed their arses by Madrid and Barca in consecutive seasons they had Neur,Lahm, Boating, Bernat, Alaba, Alonso etc al.

It's not the personnel. It's the system.

We will continue defending like this until we get a different manager.

I will bite

Who?

How we miss our leader in defense since Laporte is out , we can’t defend. Let’s hope he’s back good as before, than we have good chance for going all the way in the cups . I’ve got the feeling that we can do it this season as we have the days that our football is the best, just be more organized in defense. Kyle is ten time better as defender
And it was mistake to replace Danilo whit right wing cancelo
Very optimistic for the next month
Trust pep and maybe
Although Ol
We do the job against Madrid
To change everything Until may

Like others I have just watched it on Sky's match of the day again. It is crazy we only drew that game and until the last ten minutes looked like losing it.

I can see why Pep rotated as we play again on Tuesday but it failed miserably. Palace were content to just sit back and even allow crosses into the box because on the whole they only had Aguero to mark. Sterling was totally ineffective as he has been for months, I have no idea what has happened to him. Once Jesus came on we looked more threatening. We scored two quality goals but as usual conceded two terrible ones.

Again like others I have no idea why Ederson went long with the goal kick as due to our lack of height it was bound to come straight back at us. Between them Stones and Cancello should have blocked the cross. The first goal was just weak defending, Cahill easily beating Stones and two men left at the back post. Funnily enough watching it again Stones had a decent game but he was probably culpable for both goals. This is his problem a lot, plays well on the whole but weak defending costs us time and time again.

It's going to be a strange second half of the season in the league. Everyone knows the title has gone and unless we totally implode we should be okay for the top four. Pep now has to try and win the three cup competitions but I see no chance of the champions league with our defense. I'm even worried the rags could turn around the second leg of the semi final. We had the chance to finish it and didn't and I'm sure they'll fancy their chances. Anyway it is what it is this season, let's hope we recruit well in the summer.

You were doing so well and then went all loony tunes

Like others I have just watched it on Sky's match of the day again. It is crazy we only drew that game and until the last ten minutes looked like losing it.

I can see why Pep rotated as we play again on Tuesday but it failed miserably. Palace were content to just sit back and even allow crosses into the box because on the whole they only had Aguero to mark. Sterling was totally ineffective as he has been for months, I have no idea what has happened to him. Once Jesus came on we looked more threatening. We scored two quality goals but as usual conceded two terrible ones.

Again like others I have no idea why Ederson went long with the goal kick as due to our lack of height it was bound to come straight back at us. Between them Stones and Cancello should have blocked the cross. The first goal was just weak defending, Cahill easily beating Stones and two men left at the back post. Funnily enough watching it again Stones had a decent game but he was probably culpable for both goals. This is his problem a lot, plays well on the whole but weak defending costs us time and time again.

It's going to be a strange second half of the season in the league. Everyone knows the title has gone and unless we totally implode we should be okay for the top four. Pep now has to try and win the three cup competitions but I see no chance of the champions league with our defense. I'm even worried the rags could turn around the second leg of the semi final. We had the chance to finish it and didn't and I'm sure they'll fancy their chances. Anyway it is what it is this season, let's hope we recruit well in the summer.
We could buy peak Bobby Moore and Beckenbauer and we'd still have the same issues.
We play beautiful attacking football that runs for 90 minutes regardless of the score but it comes at a price. It's risky. No safety first Mourinho or George Graham style.
It's what it is.

Where the fuck did I say we shouldn't question Pep? I'm just not ready to stick the knife in his back like so many two-faced mardarses on here. Where were they all when we tore the Rags apart 2 weeks ago or Villa a week ago?

Your comments on the Rags actually proves my point about the direction of our fanbase.
Calm down. We agree therefore that Pep's not above questioning so that's a start. I also wouldn't disagree that he has some credit in the bank for what he's done the last 3 seasons. But you don't judge managers solely on what they did in the past. Remember when Swales brought Malcolm Allison back?

I'm not one of those who believes that we should be grateful for what we have and not question things simply because we used to be shite. We should, as a club, be focused on what's best for us in the long-term. One of my criticisms of the club in City Matters is that we think too short term too often. Sometimes they fail to lift their heads up and look into the future, because what you want to achieve in the future shapes what you need to do in the short and medium term.

Pep's in his 4th season here and if he stays next season it'll be longer than he's stayed anywhere else. I've always been of the opinion that bar people like Wenger & Ferguson, managers have a shelf life at one club. They get stale, they run out of ideas and the players fail to respond to them. That's what happened with both our last two managers. We don't know yet if Pep is one of those managers.

In each of Pep's three full seasons here, we've moved forward but, for the first time we've gone backwards a little & he's seemingly not getting the best out of some players. The board has a difficult decision to make therefore. Is it a blip and some freshening up of the squad will get us over it, with Pep at the helm? Or is the problem that he's run his course here? Possibly Pep will answer the question himself. He may say he's getting stale and needs a new challenge or he may say he's up to the challenge. If the latter then he has to sign for another 3 years in my opinion as that's what will be needed.

It may be he says he's up for the challenge but Khaldoon, Ferran & Txiki don't think he is. In that case there's a difficult decision to be made. There may not be a better coach than Pep out there but we may have to face the fact that he may not be the best one for us going forward and that we need fresh blood. I really don't think that's being entitled.

Last edited:
KDB and Mahrez were the main creative players in the final third in recent games, until we have more options these two should always start so if one does not show up the other will compensate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.