Overrated Places

Lanzarote is a shithole of volcanic ash pretending to be sand on 'beaches', shite Irish and sports bars, plus and it's main ''attraction'' Timanfiya is what we call in England, a quarry ....

In fairness to be overrated it has to be rated highly in the first place. If it was sold to you as one of the seven wonders of the world I could see your disappointment.

However if one was looking for a place with year round good weather. Bars and restaurants either on a budget or a bit more top end then I can't see how one could be so negative to put it in the it's not as good as made out category.

Have to disagree on Paris here, it’s very expensive around the tourist traps and not without the problems of all large cities but it’s stunning in parts and lots to see.
Ditto Florence and Venice, absolutely magnificent places, I loved them.
I thought that Altstad in Düsseldorf was cheesy as fuck and Dubai isn’t my cup of tea at all.
Stuttgart was boring and Frankfurt seems like a city where everyone fucks off from their finance jobs somewhere else on a Friday evening.
As for Barcelona, it’s the best city I’ve been to, if you were to rate cities by a few different metrics such as culture, nightlife, weather and architecture. Only Buenos Aires and New York come close.
I’m from Dublin and will happily admit it’s overpriced, especially the tourist areas but wages are high so that’s why you’re paying so much for a pint.
I find most big UK cities expensive for going out now though, even Belfast up the road isn’t cheap. There’s a gang of us going for a night out in Birmingham before we head to Cheltenham for the gold cup in March and I’ll be interested to see how that place has come on since I was last there 15 years ago and if it’s heavy on the wallet.

In fairness to be overrated it has to be rated highly in the first place. If it was sold to you as one of the seven wonders of the world I could see your disappointment.

However if one was looking for a place with year round good weather. Bars and restaurants either on a budget or a bit more top end then I can't see how one could be so negative to put it in the it's not as good as made out category.

Good points, but it was sold to us on all points you mention, so in that context it was overrated by the travel agent (it was a good while ago, lol) As for the weather, it was April, and I think we saw the sun twice in a week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.