Crystal Palace (H) - Post Match

Calm down. We agree therefore that Pep's not above questioning so that's a start. I also wouldn't disagree that he has some credit in the bank for what he's done the last 3 seasons. But you don't judge managers solely on what they did in the past. Remember when Swales brought Malcolm Allison back?

Had Malcolm Allison won a treble the year before, as manager? It’s a little fucking different.

I felt exactly the same why didn’t we just keep hold of the ball. We didn’t kick it long from any other dead ball- not that we had many. Hard to blame the manager as he made the right sub and he will be as pissed off as the rest of us
This is correct. Every game at any time in the game we play from the back, possession football. Ederson like he's prone too has brain farts pushed everyone forward. When where we going to win the ball in this situation. Big center halves v sergio, jesus and marez crazy. Waste time like palace did for 80+ minutes...

Calm down. We agree therefore that Pep's not above questioning so that's a start. I also wouldn't disagree that he has some credit in the bank for what he's done the last 3 seasons. But you don't judge managers solely on what they did in the past. Remember when Swales brought Malcolm Allison back?

I'm not one of those who believes that we should be grateful for what we have and not question things simply because we used to be shite. We should, as a club, be focused on what's best for us in the long-term. One of my criticisms of the club in City Matters is that we think too short term too often. Sometimes they fail to lift their heads up and look into the future, because what you want to achieve in the future shapes what you need to do in the short and medium term.

Pep's in his 4th season here and if he stays next season it'll be longer than he's stayed anywhere else. I've always been of the opinion that bar people like Wenger & Ferguson, managers have a shelf life at one club. They get stale, they run out of ideas and the players fail to respond to them. That's what happened with both our last two managers. We don't know yet if Pep is one of those managers.

In each of Pep's three full seasons here, we've moved forward but, for the first time we've gone backwards a little & he's seemingly not getting the best out of some players. The board has a difficult decision to make therefore. Is it a blip and some freshening up of the squad will get us over it, with Pep at the helm? Or is the problem that he's run his course here? Possibly Pep will answer the question himself. He may say he's getting stale and needs a new challenge or he may say he's up to the challenge. If the latter then he has to sign for another 3 years in my opinion as that's what will be needed.

It may be he says he's up for the challenge but Khaldoon, Ferran & Txiki don't think he is. In that case there's a difficult decision to be made. There may not be a better coach than Pep out there but we may have to face the fact that he may not be the best one for us going forward and that we need fresh blood. I really don't think that's being entitled.

Guardiola has won five major trophies in the last two seasons, including two league titles, and could still win another three this season.

He’s also one of the most decorated managers in the history of the game who has won trophy after trophy for over a decade.

And you think the board have got a tough decision to make? I can’t get my head around how anyone could think there is even the slightest possibility of Guardiola getting sacked. It feels ludicrous just typing this out.

Pep is compounding our problems this season.

Week in,week out he rotates for rotating sake regardless of players piss poor form.

Sterling form has fallen of a Cliff since he was linked with Madrid.Should have been the first one subbed today.

Stones only looks assured these days out of his face dancing around with a pint pot in his Hand on Youtube Videos.

Foden chomping at the Bit can not get game time.

Gundogan goes any slower he will need a Zimmer frame.

Sure we have defensive problems.Pep is making them much worse.

We should not be playing players that are not performing hoping they will improve in form

I'm not one of those who believes that we should be grateful for what we have and not question things simply because we used to be shite. We should, as a club, be focused on what's best for us in the long-term. One of my criticisms of the club in City Matters is that we think too short term too often. Sometimes they fail to lift their heads up and look into the future, because what you want to achieve in the future shapes what you need to do in the short and medium term.

Pep's in his 4th season here and if he stays next season it'll be longer than he's stayed anywhere else. I've always been of the opinion that bar people like Wenger & Ferguson, managers have a shelf life at one club. They get stale, they run out of ideas and the players fail to respond to them. That's what happened with both our last two managers. We don't know yet if Pep is one of those managers.

In each of Pep's three full seasons here, we've moved forward but, for the first time we've gone backwards a little & he's seemingly not getting the best out of some players. The board has a difficult decision to make therefore. Is it a blip and some freshening up of the squad will get us over it, with Pep at the helm? Or is the problem that he's run his course here? Possibly Pep will answer the question himself. He may say he's getting stale and needs a new challenge or he may say he's up to the challenge. If the latter then he has to sign for another 3 years in my opinion as that's what will be needed.

It may be he says he's up for the challenge but Khaldoon, Ferran & Txiki don't think he is. In that case there's a difficult decision to be made. There may not be a better coach than Pep out there but we may have to face the fact that he may not be the best one for us going forward and that we need fresh blood. I really don't think that's being entitled.
You make a lot of sense Remember why Ferguson didn’t go stale? It’s because he accepted that he had to refresh the team that won, he probably built three teams during his time, the mistake he made is he didn’t want to build another. I agree if Pep is staying he needs to extend, I said as much at the start of the season he must not be allowed to go into next season with a year left on his contract. This team needs a rebuild, a difficult decision has to be taken about some players I’m positive that it will be taken, Pep here or not, but my guess is that Pep will make the decision about his own future first

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.