Dating apps

I’m single at 40 and, after three attempts at serious relationships with girls, have given up. I don’t want kids so I’ll just stay on my own. I’ve never even officially lived with a lady in that sense.

The chubby indie chick from Cheshire became too cool for school and we drifted apart, the Swede was too high maintenance and the South West Londoner florist just didn’t like me in that way.

It can get lonely from time to time (I’ve not left the house since Friday evening) but I try and keep myself busy. It I meet one then I meet one. I otherwise do what I want.

Mixed bag. Only ever met two women from online. The first was actually really nice but had a few issues - I screwed up on this one unfortunately, got offered coke by her housemate when I was steaming and duly obliged, but denied it when I was asked and the cow fucking grassed me up a few days later. Probably forgivable after a time but i'd only been seeing her a few weeks so it was a bit early to get caught telling fibs.

Second one got no further than a date, another nice looking girl but the most memorable part of this was that she'd said I seemed disinterested and too relaxed. She had a pacemaker, so being called relaxed by her is actually an achievement of mine.

It’s always nice to meet couples who suit each other well. I’m friends with a pair who I see three or four times a year on travels. They’re late forties and have no kids. We’ll eat and drink together. Hang out and stuff. Always happy to pick up from where we left off too.

Met mrs on POF, having gone on there contentedly single but looking for dates and shags. She wasnt supposed to still be around these years later but there you go. And yes shes stone cold batshit. She has her charms though.

Anyone had any luck in finding the partner with these and any advice on which is best one around to use with most real profiles

Got to be honest find them all a waste of time. Got to a stage where I'm in my mid 40s and I've given up on dating and given up on finding someone.
I honestly dont know what some of the women on sites want, they give endless sentences on their profiles about what they like and dont like in a man and it totally bores me.
I'm happy on my own and I cant be bothered anymore with it.
People have always said I'm a nice guy and I'd meet someone, it appears I am too nice to meet someone.
If I tried doing drugs and being a bad boy I'd no doubt find someone.
Nice guys finish last that's the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Met mrs on POF, having gone on there contentedly single but looking for dates and shags. She wasnt supposed to still be around these years later but there you go. And yes shes stone cold batshit. She has her charms though.

Last one I was on was POF and I found it awful.
Full of fake profiles and time wasters.

Only used one of those things once, years ago, in between wives. A manager at work thought he was doing me a favour, without my knowledge and somehow photoshopped a picture of my face ( lifted from our corporate website and put it on a gay body builder....) Cutting a long story short I ended up doing a runner from the Trafford Centre after a supposed meet up.
I bet the gay body builder you met ran off when meeting you more like mate; )

Any Twitterites might remember the Bessie account. She was posing as a Blue but stole photos from “Middlesbrough Mums” on Facebook. The situation was a struggling single mum and she accepted money for a child who didn’t exist.

The night she was exposed was gold. Absolute gold. She was trending in Manchester at one point.

I bet the gay body builder you met ran off when meeting you more like mate; )
No..my face was photoshopped onto the picture of a gay body builder then put onto the website. I didn't know about it at the time......Until my inbox filled up...no pun intended.
I'd arranged to meet this woman and I took up a vantage point above the escalators and phoned her...she looked like she'd just finished work in an abbatoir so I told I was lost and walked straight past her. Felt a bit mean but I do have some standards you know.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.