Bring the Noise

I agree with you mate but it's true. The game dictates the atmosphere, I'm not saying that's how it should be but it does.

Fair enough. But I’d argue there’s been lots of games where we are playing great and battering teams and it’s still silent.

I can’t remember who it was against, but I remember being 3-0 and Delph had to actually get the crowd up and try and get us to sing.

@Tim of the Oak not so much a legend as a mad City supporter. I feel sometimes as if people might think I am boasting because I tell you all what I get up to. I don't mean to. My reason(s) for doing so are that I want people to realise that young or old, fat, thin, ugly, handsome, whoever you are you can make a fool of yourself and still survive!
If I can cope with the photo of me wearing my Zaba 'bandage' being shown not just on national TV but in the newspapers as well and still go back for more then surely the fans can shout/sing/bring the noise and live to tell the tale? Sometimes I think that people are more worried about being thought of as embarrassing than enjoying the game and letting the players know we are behind them. That is one of my reasons for doing it, those lads (in the main) give their all for our team/club and they need us. The other reason I do it is to embarrass my kids, as my old gran used to say, you have to embarrass your kids before you kick the bucket!!! *lol* :-)

Sorry, hope that doesn't sound like preaching?

Once again 114-115 could’ve been better but it wasn’t as bad in there as some other games in the past. A good solid 10 minutes or more in the second half of Bob Marley and that was at 1-0 down. If the rest of the ground don’t join in, @Eccles Blue excepted of course, there’s not much we can do about that but it did seem a couple of chants spread. One rendition of BM in particular where it seemed the rest of the ground joined in. A few Come On City chants seemed to start from elsewhere, which I’m guessing was SS3.
As for binning all the pre-match stuff, that’s all well and good and we’ve been asking the club for years to do it, but the pre-match habits of many fans are set in so much stone these days that they don’t take their seats until kick-off time, so it’s a pointless exercise, especially as I don’t even think it was publicised.

I think yesterday put an end to the myth that purported to claim that without the music/ads/announcements etc, the atmosphere would build and grow naturally.
If anything the atmosphere was worse without the false PA bollocks.
For a 3pm kick-off and after our best 2 performances of the season it was tragic to see a lot of empty seats, zero atmosphere and folks leaving on 2-2 with 5 mins to get a winner. I was gobsmacked. Never seen it that bad.
I don’t.

It wasn’t known that’s what was going to happen yesterday and especially since half the crowd didn’t get in until right on kick off or just after because a bus ran into a Met and all Mets terminated at Piccadilly yesterday meaning fans were delayed getting to the ground. We were all wondering if they’d delay kick off there were so many still outside at 14:58... but they didn’t.

If we did that every week and we all knew to get there early it could work well.

Look at the 2001 derby, it was fucking electric pre-game that day when the PA system broke down.

@Tim of the Oak not so much a legend as a mad City supporter. I feel sometimes as if people might think I am boasting because I tell you all what I get up to. I don't mean to. My reason(s) for doing so are that I want people to realise that young or old, fat, thin, ugly, handsome, whoever you are you can make a fool of yourself and still survive!
If I can cope with the photo of me wearing my Zaba 'bandage' being shown not just on national TV but in the newspapers as well and still go back for more then surely the fans can shout/sing/bring the noise and live to tell the tale? Sometimes I think that people are more worried about being thought of as embarrassing than enjoying the game and letting the players know we are behind them. That is one of my reasons for doing it, those lads (in the main) give their all for our team/club and they need us. The other reason I do it is to embarrass my kids, as my old gran used to say, you have to embarrass your kids before you kick the bucket!!! *lol* :-)

Sorry, hope that doesn't sound like preaching?
What I’ve realised when reading this thread is that all of us who contribute to it seem to be the ones who make the noise in the ground.

We’re the ones who are passionate about the noise but we’re only speaking to each other in this thread.

We aren’t preaching to each other when we’re the ones who all read from the same page anyway.

I agree with you mate but it's true. The game dictates the atmosphere, I'm not saying that's how it should be but it does.

The score line dictates the atmosphere at the Etihad these days. Loads join in with the singing if we are 2 nil up with 5 minutes to go.

Tbf, quite a few will raise their voices if we are on the wrong end of a decision in a big game but that doesn’t add up to a good atmosphere. The reality is that a lot of Blues have lost their passion.

The score line dictates the atmosphere at the Etihad these days. Loads join in with the singing if we are 2 nil up with 5 minutes to go.

Tbf, quite a few will raise their voices if we are on the wrong end of a decision in a big game but that doesn’t add up to a good atmosphere. The reality is that a lot of Blues have lost their passion.
I don’t have a problem with not singing when we’re losing as most English sets of fans actually watch the game and are involved in every single thing that’s going on, on the pitch.

Singing for atmosphere is overrated anyway. That’s not what sets the tone for atmosphere.

For me it’s all those who just sit there seemingly without a care in the world about what’s going on. They aren’t chanting “come on City”, they don’t cheer tackles, they don’t tell the officials to “fuck off”, they don’t shout “get a fucking move on you ****” to opposition goalkeepers, they don’t shout “go oooon” when we attack or get a corner, they don’t shout “ooooooohh” when we go close with a chance, there’s never any “good ball” “great cross” “have a shot” “Agüero’s on” when play is developing... that’s what sets the tone for an atmosphere... but too many don’t even do any of that, it’s just a wall of silence from thousands of fans.

Singing is for when you’re winning really.

Chanting is a bit different. “Come on City” and “Ci-ty Ci-ty Ci-ty” should be chanted at any score, even if we’re 0-3 down. We could do with a few more short sharp chants when we’re losing really.

Yet we make plenty of noise at away games. Non-stop at the swamp, most of the game at Burnley and up to 5-0 at Villa by which time we were all hoarse.

Yet we make plenty of noise at away games. Non-stop at the swamp, most of the game at Burnley and up to 5-0 at Villa by which time we were all hoarse.

I agree Ged when we are talking the diehards. I think a load more Blues would have a good time if they joined in with the singing / creating an atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.