Away fans in home end again

this season we have been in 326,309(twice), 210,317, all had away fans in only 114 was as far as I could tell was all City.

Watford match surrounded by kids and parents not interested in the match kids just running around.
Atalanta, utd (only a few) Port Vale(lots) surrounded by away fans in 309, 317,
only Brighton, Leicester seemed all City.

80% of my matches I have felt like an away fan in my own ground.

up until this season I hadn't really notice seems a lot worse this season

For this to be happening so regularly the club need to take action for the sake of our supporters. It should not be happening and is preventable if there is the will to do so.

I am not affected as in CB3 but and have only really experienced it for CL games, when I was thoroughly pissed off sitting amidst BM and Barca fans.

Our fans enjoyment of our games should not be ruined in this way - poor reflection of the club's attitude imo.

Reading this crap match after match makes me feel so glad I’ve given up my Seasoncard. It was going up £50 a time and I was making more sacrifices each season to attend.

Sitting in the wrong end and playing up is disrespectful. I wouldn’t do it.

City don’t give a shit who you support or where you sit ...£ is king , they may change their mind when season tickets don’t get re-newwded by blues who have had enough of feeling like an away fan in their own ground..... or maybe they won’t , Soriano is cnut & thinks he can turn us into a tourist filled English Barcelona .

Seasoncards sell out each season. Your failure to renew means nothing to them.
Well if the number threatening not to renew because of VAR actually mean it then we'll need around 20,000 new ST holders next season to sell out.
As for the general tourist stuff; we are stuck with it as we cosy up to match package providers. I suppose we could inform these package touts that tickets for future games will be restricted if they sell to away fans, but I doubt we have the balls to do that.
The thing with kids is another matter. As a club we can inform schools that the tickets are in the home section and anybody supporting the away side will be ejected. And the entire group will be turfed out if necessary. This is particularly important if the school is from outside Manchester as it is more likely to have a higher number of rags and dippers.

Is it just me that thinks there should be a way to accommodate everyone? I mean how difficult is it to have a section for city fans only, those that want to sing, those that want to analyse the game quietly, those that want corporate, those that want to be close to the away fans, those that may even want to sit with away fans (neutral section)...

Surely it’s possible to please everyone? We just need it to be better organised and also fans to move seats if required (I’ve never understood the obsession some fans have with “their” seat)

The seasoncard churn is about 2%. It's simply untrue to claim City's fanbase is changing that rapidly.

I think you're just frustrated that some games are quiet. That comes from being KO'd from the title race and success. Expectations change.

I don't understand why you should have a downer over new fans. Surely if they've shown up, and the incumbents haven't, then they should not be questioned?
The place is full of tourists and nobodies. They are not fans of City. About 25 fans jumped up in the City end when they went 0-1 up yesterday. They can sling their fucking hook and so can Soriano!

2% over ten years is 10,000 fans lost!

The Etihad is like a fucking trip to Disneyland. It’s doing worse to the club than VAR is to the sport.

I absolutely fucking despise it!

Seasoncards sell out each season. Your failure to renew means nothing to them.

Obviously the demand is not there is they have to slash them to £300 and are no where near starting on the north stand expansion 7 years after gaining planning permission.

Maybe why the club sell to anyone these days.

Is it just me that thinks there should be a way to accommodate everyone? I mean how difficult is it to have a section for city fans only, those that want to sing, those that want to analyse the game quietly, those that want corporate, those that want to be close to the away fans, those that may even want to sit with away fans (neutral section)...

Surely it’s possible to please everyone? We just need it to be better organised and also fans to move seats if required (I’ve never understood the obsession some fans have with “their” seat)

So you’d be alright with this then ?? Liverpool fans actively celebrating goals in a so called neutral end

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.