Cambodia or Vietnam? Or both ??

No apology required .. could be my next country
If you go to Luang Prabang make sure you head up the Nam Ou river. Someone mentioned Nong Khiaw but I went to Muang Ngoi Neua. A very small town back in 2004 but looking on Google maps it hasn’t really expanded. My room was on the river and I had a hammock to lie in on the front looking at the mountains all around. The scenery up there beat Thailand for me (coastline excluded obviously)

People who’ve visited Phu Quoc are saying it’s lovely but would be boring for two weeks. I’m a golfer and am taking my clubs so I’ll be playing at the course next door every other day and doing some diving, site seeing and general chilling by the pool. The weather looks good and the hotel’s five star so all in all should be a good trip. Nice and relaxing before I visit Madrid to be beaten by the local constabulary for no apparent reason...

People who’ve visited Phu Quoc are saying it’s lovely but would be boring for two weeks. I’m a golfer and am taking my clubs so I’ll be playing at the course next door every other day and doing some diving, site seeing and general chilling by the pool. The weather looks good and the hotel’s five star so all in all should be a good trip. Nice and relaxing before I visit Madrid to be beaten by the local constabulary for no apparent reason...

Enjoy mate but surprised your slumming it in a 5 star!!

A boat trip from Thailand to Myanmar up the Salween River is recommended if you have the right guide. The DPRK is getting popular with hipsters now too.

I’m thinking of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam for a week. Ideas of January 2021. Thoughts? Recommendations?

I’m thinking of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam for a week. Ideas of January 2021. Thoughts? Recommendations?
Hi
I’m in Saigon at the moment, everyone is prepping for the Tet Festival, it’s a great city and January is the best time of year, weather’s perfect, amazing food, great bars, local craft beers etc. Just had a week on Phu Quoc which is, sadly, overrun with Russian package tourists so couldn’t really recommend it. We were last there 8 yrs ago and it’s totally changed for the worse. Heading north tomorrow by train towards Nha Trang and Hoi An before flying home early February.

Hi
I’m in Saigon at the moment, everyone is prepping for the Tet Festival, it’s a great city and January is the best time of year, weather’s perfect, amazing food, great bars, local craft beers etc. Just had a week on Phu Quoc which is, sadly, overrun with Russian package tourists so couldn’t really recommend it. We were last there 8 yrs ago and it’s totally changed for the worse. Heading north tomorrow by train towards Nha Trang and Hoi An before flying home early February.

Let me know how nha trang is please

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.