Future Strikers

Haaland is good but definitely too raw for us at the moment. He has to develope his technical skills a bit and then we could buy him from Dortmund. Looked out of his depth against Liverpool in the CL, consistently losing the ball under pressure.

However, he no doubt has the natural finishing, movement and physical abilities already. His movement is so good that he almost always can finish without pressure, because the defenders are left marking air.

Replacing Kun is the single biggest problem that Txixi et al will have to face in their time at the club - they will have to "splash the cash" to get it right and there can be no scrimping and saving on this.

Jesus is a decent player but he aint a Kun replacement and never will be - he doesnt strike the fear into teams aguero always has done from the moment he stepped on the pitch in the premiership.

They will be working on it right now hopefully but out of respect to Kun i guess we wont hear much until at least next summer (2021)
You've got to get out of this mindset and accept that there isn't and never will be a Kun replacement, just like there will never be a Toure, Zaba, Kompany, Silva replacement. It's a team game and while losing an individual is tough, it's about making the team better.

We will adapt to life after Aguero, just like we will with all the others. Personally I think Jesus is a better all round player and still gets a very good amount of goals, however we've also got the option of playing without a recognised striker like we did at Old Trafford.

You've got to get out of this mindset and accept that there isn't and never will be a Kun replacement, just like there will never be a Toure, Zaba, Kompany, Silva replacement. It's a team game and while losing an individual is tough, it's about making the team better.

We will adapt to life after Aguero, just like we will with all the others. Personally I think Jesus is a better all round player and still gets a very good amount of goals, however we've also got the option of playing without a recognised striker like we did at Old Trafford.

Im not talkign replacing like for like or having a clone of Kun (would be nice though!) ...but we need a striker that can go and win oyu a game on his own -Jesus aint that....Kun is and there will be others (Sadio Mane is one, Henry another from past years) and Im hoping our highly paid scouting personnel are on it. They are rare hence why we will need to spend big.

There are replacements for the others as well - as good as they are -

Toure, like Kun has a unique set of physical attributes that made him irreplaceable at his best and i dont think we will ever see a player be able to physically run through teams like Yaya did in his pomp

Im not talkign replacing like for like or having a clone of Kun (would be nice though!) ...but we need a striker that can go and win oyu a game on his own -Jesus aint that....Kun is and there will be others (Sadio Mane is one, Henry another from past years) and Im hoping our highly paid scouting personnel are on it. They are rare hence why we will need to spend big.

There are replacements for the others as well - as good as they are -

Toure, like Kun has a unique set of physical attributes that made him irreplaceable at his best and i dont think we will ever see a player be able to physically run through teams like Yaya did in his pomp
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships." - Michael Jordan

I'll never buy into the theory that we need individual match winners as such. We had Aguero yesterday and still didn't win the game, not due to him might I add but because the team wasn't good enough (combined with the referees systemic cheating and Stones being shit). We didn't have Aguero at Old Trafford, yet won very convincingly.

Please don't misinterpret those comments, in no way is it a reflection of Aguero or am I even proportioning 1% of blame on him because I'm not. As an individual he was fucking brilliant yesterday doing what he does best; scoring goals. As a team I think we may have been better with Jesus energy and pressing, just like I'd always play Foden instead of Silva for the exact same reason.

I've maintained this position and I'm comfortable in it.

I've maintained this position and I'm comfortable in it.
It's the combination of Aguero, Silva, Gundogan and Mahrez (if he plays) which obliterates our pressing game, as none of those players have the energy or intensity to press consistently and/or aggressively.

We can get away with 1, occasionally 2 together but 3 or more and it's like a game of Russian roulette defensively. It kills our attacking game as every attack starts 90 yards away from the opponents goal. We have to play "safe" passes because we're shit scared of losing possession because we can't win it back quickly which is the fundamental rule to Pep's style of football.

Put Jesus and Foden/Bernardo in, instantly the level goes up through the roof and we not only win possession back quicker but also attack with less fear and trepidation of losing the ball, full in the knowledge we can get it back again very quickly if we do. The aggressive pressing means our shit defence has far less pressure on it.

Immobile is really giving our boy Lautaro Martinez the shaft when it comes to goalscoring. 23 goals and 5 assist in 19 games. That's a goal every 68 minutes which is absolutely mental. No way we'll sign him though. Will be at least 2 seasons until we sign a striker and Immobile will be 31 by then.

Immobile is really giving our boy Lautaro Martinez the shaft when it comes to goalscoring. 23 goals and 5 assist in 19 games. That's a goal every 68 minutes which is absolutely mental. No way we'll sign him though. Will be at least 2 seasons until we sign a striker and Immobile will be 31 by then.
I'm not sold on Martinez. Would rather haver Werner

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.