VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

Var is one thing

But the biggest problem is time wasting

Should make it 80 mins and the clock stops at every dead ball situation
throw ins excluded.

That would sort it and make the game much better

Should have been done years ago

It would stop it all at a stroke ,I wouldn’t care then if they had to get an ambulance on the pitch then to take off an injured player!and the goalie could brush his teeth before all goal kicks if he wanted too!

Both you and Marvin are correct to point this out.

The time taken with VAR checks never correlates with the amount of additional time added on as far as I've been able to see this past year or so, whether watching us live in the Premier League and cup competitions or watching other teams/games on tv.

And as for timewasting at goal kicks etc, well yesterday's effort from the 'Palace canary' as you call him was straight out of the 'Tim Howard Masterclass on Timewasting Manual'.. towards the end of the first half I observed the stadium clock when the ball went out for a goal kick to Palace. From the moment the ball crossed the line to it being hoofed back in play, it took 41 seconds. I'm not sure how many goal kicks they had in total but let's say there were 15. At that rate, we spectators lose 615 seconds of play, equivalent to more than 10 minutes/10% of playing time.

And the referees are letting teams get away with this time and time again. As I said elsewhere earlier, the f**kwit we had refereeing yesterday did nothing but give the occasional 'Paddington hard stare' to show the Palace 'keeper who was in charge.

The sooner they start booking players for time wasting and the sooner they show on the screens the clock being stopped for any delays in the game (especially including VAR checks that are underway) the better..
Against Villa last week, end of the first half one minute was added on - we had scored 3 times! And then added a fourth during that minute

Both you and Marvin are correct to point this out.

The time taken with VAR checks never correlates with the amount of additional time added on as far as I've been able to see this past year or so, whether watching us live in the Premier League and cup competitions or watching other teams/games on tv.

And as for timewasting at goal kicks etc, well yesterday's effort from the 'Palace canary' as you call him was straight out of the 'Tim Howard Masterclass on Timewasting Manual'.. towards the end of the first half I observed the stadium clock when the ball went out for a goal kick to Palace. From the moment the ball crossed the line to it being hoofed back in play, it took 41 seconds. I'm not sure how many goal kicks they had in total but let's say there were 15. At that rate, we spectators lose 615 seconds of play, equivalent to more than 10 minutes/10% of playing time.

And the referees are letting teams get away with this time and time again. As I said elsewhere earlier, the f**kwit we had refereeing yesterday did nothing but give the occasional 'Paddington hard stare' to show the Palace 'keeper who was in charge.

The sooner they start booking players for time wasting and the sooner they show on the screens the clock being stopped for any delays in the game (especially including VAR checks that are underway) the better..

The very things that fans are crying out for, countdown clock, sanctioning timewasting, what is going on in the VAR whelk stall on Skegness promenade, are the very things that the FArce, PiGMOL, and the PL want to keep a light from shining on! It will drive fans from the game. If they didn't have anything to hide by being openly transparent, why don't we get to see, IN THE GROUND, what's going on!

Do what they do in rugby when it goes to the Video ref,stop the clock until a decision is given.

Not difficult,straightforward but perhaps not corruptible enough, so no use to Riley`s bent band of cheats

That kid is as big a cheat as you're ever likely to see on a football pitch, dives as much as (if not more than) the two LiVARpool wide-men, and his attitude stinks, proper little gobshite.

"Medium-sized-fish-in-a-tiny-little-pond" syndrome.
Surely that will lead to a ban? It would if he was at a big club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.