Will this challenge make Pep stay longer

Poor by their past standard possibly. It's difficult to gauge how good they are. They still have Ramos, Kroos and Modric playing for them and they have some young forwards but none has yet to look like a convincing replacement for Ronaldo. They are a good side, but can they be regarded as a great side? I think we can beat them.

Totally agree with all that you said, but I was countering that they're poor which they most certainly aren't. Maybe their league position is partly skewed by a regression at Barca and Atleti too?

They came from behind to beat Sevilla yesterday (who had a goal disallowed to go 2 up) without Ramos, Asensio, Benzema and Hazard.

We can best them for sure, but if we're even slightly off our game I don't think we will. Defend like we did yesterday and we'll get our arses slapped.

The team plus Pep may be struggling to reach peak levels of motivation in the league but in the cups it will be a different story. I think this is the best chance we have of winning the CL and with Laporte and Sane back I wouldn't back against us winning all three

There wont be any radical overhaul. You allude to it yourself by thinking about the existing players. There really is only one position of substantial weakness and that is central defence.

the most popular city journalists have all said along the same lines of the amount of players marv so possible club leak? I was wondering if pep and the club might be more brutal to get the hunger and mentality changed by showing the players that if you don’t perform you are out? Stones must be in trouble this summer as he just hasn’t progressed and seemingly can’t stay fit and has ongoing issues in his personal life? Gundogan needs upgraded as well imo but unlikely unfortunately. One of zinchenko or angelino would need to go as well as it seems we want another LB?

Didn’t know where to post this without starting a new thread so said I’d throw it in here (feel free to move mods)

chatting with a few mates here in the pub, would you take Liverpool winning the league & Champions League but NOT hitting 100 points & City winning the 2 domestic cups if it was offered to you now?

this summer will be a big big test for city and pep and we have big money to burn, and even close to £400 million if we are really going to talk the talk and play with the big boys of europe, the flesh of this squad is down to bare bone and is starting to rot ? we need 5 world class signings 2 center backs and another striker and cover

we have KDB build a team around him, bring foden in full time and then we have laporte, B.silva, sterling, aguero, ederson, walker, mendy, mahrez, sane, rodri, add quality and cover and this squad would be out of this world again, but for me we got to get somebody like mbappe a marque player somebody that is going to get people talking, even if its cost £200million i don't care manchester city and pep needs the best striker out there go and get him

this summer will be a big big test for city and pep and we have big money to burn, and even close to £400 million if we are really going to talk the talk and play with the big boys of europe, the flesh of this squad is down to bare bone and is starting to rot ? we need 5 world class signings 2 center backs and another striker and cover

we have KDB build a team around him, bring foden in full time and then we have laporte, B.silva, sterling, aguero, ederson, walker, mendy, mahrez, sane, rodri, add quality and cover and this squad would be out of this world again, but for me we got to get somebody like mbappe a marque player somebody that is going to get people talking, even if its cost £200million i don't care manchester city and pep needs the best striker out there go and get him

We are clearly in for the lad from inter Milan. I am
Fine with that. Agree with most of your post.

Didn’t know where to post this without starting a new thread so said I’d throw it in here (feel free to move mods)

chatting with a few mates here in the pub, would you take Liverpool winning the league & Champions League but NOT hitting 100 points & City winning the 2 domestic cups if it was offered to you now?
Them winning both would blow everything we have done away. if we won the cup treble i would feel a bit better about them breaking our records because we would win another treble.

Think it’s more the fact he doesn’t mention extending that we can draw the conclusion he is off when his contract expires.
http://www.skysports.com/share/11911259
He has talked many times about there is loads of time to talk about,he is very happy here and has to earn an extension,for some reason the media won't report it,it suits them to say he is leaving at the end of this season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.