Premier League Games 18/19 January

Planning can't have been that bad. We've been the most successful side of the decade...

I'm just greedy as we could have been better the seasons after our first two premier league wins ;-)

And frustrated like many others that we failed to replace Vinnie, leaving us short at centre back, and the injury to Laporte has shown that to be our biggest problem, then moving Ferni has weakened the midfield. I honestly don't think we'd be so many points behind Liverpool and we'd be putting pressure on them if we'd dealt with Vinnie leaving better.

I await the same news reports in the morning as we did when 10 points clear...
No chance the giddiness of the media won’t be mentioning any of that shit,the scousers were gonna win the league eventually it’s took them 30 years or so to do it,would like to know how much they have spent on players to get this first title from say 1992 ..

Our workrate in the press has fallen off a cliff this season. Our quality in the two boxes for most of the season has been abysmal for our standards.

Of course in a world where their best players are injured and ours available we would likely have seen a different gap between the teams. The difference in mentality between the two teams this season is telling though.

Im sure you agree that next season we shouldn't put all our eggs in the "Laporte stays fit" basket?

We were missing chances earlier in the season but have improved recently. We are scoring goals from shots on target at a slightly better rate than Liverpool. Actually, we have scored most goals in Europe. We have been bad in our box and the reason is obvious. Had Liverpool had just one fit CB for the majority of the season not named VVD, they would have had a lot of defensive problems too. Even without injuries they went 12 league games without a clean sheet at one point. Imagine they had a serious injury crisis like us.

Christ Colin, I think you need a lie down mate, lol.

They may well not play the quality of football that we do, but to label them as akin to an Allardyce team is stretching it a bit.
Fat Sam said he decided to leave Bolton when Gartside wouldn't force him the money to crack the top 4, when he was finishing 6th. If he'd been backed then, that's the way they'd have played. And you can see his point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.